All Stiff

gcotton

:
Blk Mazdapeed
All Stiff

Just got AWR motermounts installed yesterday, and god damnit. Its way too stiff. I had to take all the crap out my ashtray, glovebox, and whatever else was shaken around. Know dont get me wrong my grip is crazy sticky and all the wheel hop has stopped. But when I start the car or take off I feel like Im in a big ass truck. Is there a way to soften it a little without losing the performance.

P.S. These things should have a warning sign on it.

lol guess you don't have a subwoofer either, I can't see out my rear view mirror when I'm playing tunes...got used to it ^_^

no they don't loosen up. I'm still driving a big diesel truck.

gcotton said:
All Stiff

Just got AWR motermounts installed yesterday, and god damnit. Its way too stiff. I had to take all the crap out my ashtray, glovebox, and whatever else was shaken around. Know dont get me wrong my grip is crazy sticky and all the wheel hop has stopped. But when I start the car or take off I feel like Im in a big ass truck. Is there a way to soften it a little without losing the performance.

P.S. These things should have a warning sign on it.

SO JEALOUS.

Care to tell me where you got yours from?

Jealous of what his 3000 pound Rattle/vibrate box.
Beleive me unless you are over 200whp you do not need Motor mounts. Come on now.
I lasted a little over a month with those ridiculous things. I took them out and I felt like my car had been repaired. Ahhhh relief.
Remove those mounts until your car is ready to race. Don't let this be your first mod, make it your last!
BTW the vibration doesn't get any better. The poly stays stiff. The people who tell you it gets better are just used to it.

I got them protege5online. And yes I do want 200whp. Hell I probly have 200whp. I just wanted the wheel hop to stop. If it doesnt loosen up I will be taken them out until autocross season

I broke my motor mounts when I reached 130whp. So I got AWR. Now my wheels don't hop =p

the msp needs stiffer motor mounts to control the wheel hop but it sound like the awr mounts are too stiff. Whenever I fell like taking off or going fast in 1st i get wheel hop after 5k rpm in first.

I have both mounts in, I strongly suggest ONLY installing the front motor mount. ONLY.

Are the front and rear mounts the same? If so, then greg, i'll buy your rear mount and use it for the front of my car.
I told you theyd be stiff. :)

no the front and rear mounts are different, and the front only in the car is only noticeable as a sporty car, and not a bad 55 ford truck vibrating car

Yeah I used both the front and rear mounts. Im really considering taking off the rear mounts.

KyRaceFan
The mounts are both different so you couldnt use the rear mount for the front. But maybe try just using the rear.

I believe someone official, such as anthony woodford, said that only the front mount was a bad idea

i dont see how just replacing one motor mount, either the front or rear, would be a bad idea. It is still going to limit the engine movement...

the other mount might wear out faster, would be the only thing i could see happening.

I don't mind just the front mount on my car. If I ever get a chance I'll put the rear one in. I don't see how only one could cause damage or anything.
Moose

Back