Entering a car show!

teresa

I'm entering my car into a show..Hot Import Nights. Has anyone ever done this before..any helpful hints? Before the show I am changing the interior dash. You know where our radio is...the black carbon fiber strips, door handle covers, power window covers and also the vent covers, I am changing them to blue carbon fiber. Also I found a guy that does detailing on exotic cars and I'm having him do the detailing before the show, he even details the engine. I'm also changing the hoses in the engine to yellow (or blue, what do you guys think?), and I'm putting yellow (or blue) tube coverings on the hoses that can't be changed. Also if I have enough money after all that I'm getting graphics done (not sure cause that's another $300.00). I want the indiglo dash lights too but not sure if I can get it yet. I've tinted the windows with mirror like tint and yesterday I went back and got the front window strip put on. So do you think I have a chance at the show? (Blue MP3)

Made an appointment for Saturday to replace all the hoses with yellow. The guy at the shop does show cars and he told me the yellow would be a good contrast to the blue car. $60.00 installed...Am I getting ripped off? Also he does stobe light...checking into that.

Nice take some pictures when youre done duno if 60$ is allot but sounds good to me pluz he installs it to :D ;)

keepinitup, Have you done any engine mods to your car yet? If not, why bother showing off a stock engine w/ colored hoses and tubing? I can't believe youre thinking of getting stickers. Don't get them, thats so ricey and I hope you dont have altezza lights either. Strobe lights.....c'mon man what are you thinking. And $60 to change hoses???? The colored hoses cost $15-17 max, just do it yourself. The MP3 is a nice car, please dont make it look like another ricey ass Civic.

No Alezza lights...I was talking to a guy that does show cars and he said that the stobe lights score alot of points, also he said that the MP3 even if I entered it in stock that I would score some points just cause it's limited. The hoses are $20.00 and the coverings are another $15.00, so I figure for $25.00 more, he can do it show quality, I have no tools. And about the graphics, the way I see it that's just a way to make my car stand out, plus give it my own style. It's a tribal dragon, kinda matches a tatoo I have on my back. But hey I asked for opinions, so thanks for the input.

P.S. I'll post pics when I'm all through, also I'll take some at the show.

Dude you are straight tripping if you think you stand a chance with those puny mods. Get a clue.

Where is the fun in taking a new car to a car show? On top of that you did not do anything yourself you paid to have it cleaned and you paid for the hose and install.

You will be laughed out of the place.

Hey informer SUCK A DICK!!! god you think you are the s*** what car do you drive......"GET A CLUE" and get off the board!! Why insault the guy that wants to enter his car? How many trophies do you have that you have won with your car? Give the kid a break.....You dumbass, you have no class and especailly no common sense....You are a waste of space..

keepinitup, actually Informer is kinda right. I dont know if you'll be laughed out but, if you want to win trophies, you have to do some serious mods to your car.What class are you going to enter you car in? The "Mazda" or "Other" class. I'd ask a car show judge or people who have entered shows before about points and other stuff, not someone who dresses up cars for shows. They'll say anything to get you to buy more. And as for the stickers, dont put any on, unless you have sponsors. If you do put on stickers, take it off after the show. Good luck to ya.

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: Steven C ]

I did talk to a guy that just had his car in a car show and he said that there was an MP3 there and all the kid did to his was put some carbon fiber tail lights on, and he got a few bytes. It's not like every other car that will be there (ie...Honda, Toyota...) The car is nice as it is, it doesn't need a bunch of mods. As for changing the prts my self and cleaning it myself...I don't have the time to do it, and if I can pay someone to do it, what's wrong with that.?! That ways if they f**k something up they can replace it.
Anyways for the price of 2 tickets(just to go to the show), which I would buy anyways, for $5.00 more I can can drive my car into the show. Even if I don't get a single point my for my car, who cares..I'll have fun anyways and meet new people.
I quite doubt I'll get laughed out of the show.

keepitup.. that the attitude man! i hope you do well... i think 60 bucks is not bad i mean its only 60 bucks....

replaced the hoses? isn't that a major job? like, refeuling the AC, coolant, oil, x-mission fluid, etc?

Oh yeah by the way, has anyone removed their AC?

Ok, Ok... not all the hoses, the ones that weren't as easy to replace were just covered with split yellow tubing. It took the guy about 2 hours.

Just replaced my head lights and fog lights with the halogen bulbs. There working on designing my graphics right now. There looking for the best price on an air intake...what's a good price? I was told by one person $179.00 for an AEM intake with a K&N filter. ;)

Have you seen the Mad House Productions Intake?

mp35cai36.jpg

Check out the "For Sale" section in this forum if you are interested or E-mail Rishie at autornd@hotmail.com

ding ding da ding ding RICE RICE baby ding ding da ding ding!!

Haha just kidding man different strokes for different folks!

And the word for the day class is JDM repeat after me JAY DEE Mm

Dont want to seem like a dick here but JDM is so much cleaner and uncluttered than rice but hey thats my opinion....MORE POwer to ya bro....good luck with the hoses.
:D

Back