OBDII Scanner

Little Beavis

:
2001 MP3-T (#911)
I'm going to buy a scanner and I got two recommendations.

The first (digimoto) can be found at
Option 1: Digimoto

The second (autotap) can be found at
Option 2: Autotap

the digimoto is cheaper and seems to be a great deal, the autotap looks cooler and is USB (which means I can use it while playing with the piggyback, which isn't USB).

I'm interested in what people have to say about either one. If you buy the "advanced" packages on the autotap (assuming the ford one works) there seems to be a wealth of information available.

Well. . .I'm open for suggestions! :)

From what you are saying, you are looking for one that interfaces to the laptop no? I myself have the NOLOGY PDA DYNO that is for use with a PDA. It works great, and I have no complaints. Turboge has the Digimoto, and would have a wealth of knowledge on it based on experience. Talk to him.

I have my Digimoto going through USB, just using a Serial to USB converter... however the digimoto software isn't working on it but I'm talking to Joel to figure it out. The scantool sofware works.

So both hardware packages will run either software package? I have a free serial port in my car and the Autotap software looks good, but the Digimoto hardware seems to be $100 cheaper for non USB. Does this sound like it will work? Buy the Digimoto hardware and run the AutoTap software? Or I guess what I am saying is what is the best price/performance combo?

If the auto-tap uses the ELM box then you could use the same software, i'll download it tonight and see if it works with the digimoto unit. My guess is they use a different chip and they are incompatible.

so the Digimoto unit uses the ELM chip?

would that software work with my Scantool.net hardware?
(id check myself but no carputer right now)

edit: okay, i read. yeah the software works. but $$. boo

Last edited:
Is the Nology really that much? The Auterra seems pricey too, but I guess I should do the ebay thing (but I'm not much of an ebay fan). Decisions, decisions!

Back