Ebay CAI

but the layout is totally different...

N/A Protege: (coqui258)
CAI1.jpg

Mazdaspeed Protege: (injen.com)
rd6066.jpg

Tanginamo425 said:
but the layout is totally different...

thats what i was trying to point out when he asked why the ebay CAI would not work on an MSP - was that the layout/design was completely different

thanks for all the info guys. after reading that the injen and ebay were the same in form for the protege, im tryin to find one for my msp before i decide to drop $200 on one.

Captain KRM P5 said:
thats what i was trying to point out when he asked why the ebay CAI would not work on an MSP - was that the layout/design was completely different

LoL my bad, if you look at the time, our posts were pretty much at the same time. double post... (dunno)

me too, there is no difference between injen and the ebay one. You are prolly lookin at somethin below 1 hp difference.

Coqui258 said:
Anyone else cross over to the deep end and buy one like me?

i ordered one for my P5, even though I don't have one yet. Well I do (title is sitting on my desk) but my mom can't get up there with me until thursday to take delivery (it's almost four hours away). Hopefully it's not all snowy and cold when it comes so I can install right away.

myndfi3ld said:
i ordered one for my P5, even though I don't have one yet. Well I do (title is sitting on my desk) but my mom can't get up there with me until thursday to take delivery (it's almost four hours away). Hopefully it's not all snowy and cold when it comes so I can install right away.

congrats on the new car purchase

I just got one.. Just used buy it now.. figured I'd save myself the time and do that. After shipping ($18 ouch, lol) it was just under 73 bucks. So now I need to buy a K&N filter also. Still will cost less than half of the Injen, who isn't on my best terms anyways.

N2OInferno said:
I need to buy a K&N filter also.
Did you receive yours already? I ordered one on etiher friday or saturday so I might have mine by the end of the week, but to save me some time do you know what size K&N fits on it? I've heard some say 2.75 inches.... I figure I might as well go out and get it so that so that I can install my intake hopefully the day after I pick up the car... or maybe I'll ride around stock for a while so that I can see a performance increase.

I got one for my car and it works great!! Alot better then the SRI I had. I would recommend this one for sure. Saves you alot of cash over the Injen.

Actually I meant that I just bought one.. like, two minutes before I posted. I'm glad I did too and I don't feel bad about paying 55 bucks for it now through buy it now. The one that I had bid on earlier ended at 70 dollars!

I've heard it's 2.75 too.. I'll just have to wait and see when it gets here.. I can't decide if I want the normal K&N cone/cylinder shaped filter or if I want to go with the reverse conical filter, which I just found out that K&N makes and is a design with a velocity stack in the middle like the Apex'i filters. It's 20 bucks more but from what I've seen they're cleaner and perform better.. hmm..

Make sure you check how much room you have in the fender well. Also realize that if there is filter at the bottom u risk attracting more moisture. It is also definately 2.75" I am gonna install the included filter and then measure the room and decide on either a 4" or 6" long cone.

Good to see that you guys are joining the ebay CAI revolution! When you find the details on what size it is, let me know cause i definitely want to buy a K&N...

Coqui258 said:
Good to see that you guys are joining the ebay CAI revolution! When you find the details on what size it is, let me know cause i definitely want to buy a K&N...
Mine won't be here until monday :( I guess it gives me some time to see how the protege performance is stock (9.5 seconds 0-60... seems pretty slow, it's slower than my automatic truck!)

When I find out i'll post details

Go for it man. I've heard nothing but satisfied buyers for these things SRI and CAI. I'm planning on getting one myself someday.

Back