Is It real carbon fiber?

DaViper

:
2016 Mazda6 GT
Are there some easy ways for me to tell if a dash kit Ihave os real carbon fiber?

Story:
I thought I was getting a 96 subaru legacy wagon before I got my p5 (I know...big change of purchase), and so I bought what is supposed to be a real carbon fiber dash kit for it. I'm now trying to sell it on subaru forums, but most people I've talked to about if it's really carbon fiber or not tell me they're not sure and that it "might be." I dont know if the person I bought the dash kit on ebay from was honest enough or infromed enough to tell me igf it's really cf. I want to be honest to whomever I sell this to...so does anybody here have some tips to help me figure out if it's real or not? Here is a pic of part of one of the peices.

There is a gel or clear coating over the carbon fiber (or lookalike), and the peices are stiff, but they do bend with a little force.

cfdash.jpg

Thanks!
-DaViper

It looks real from that pic......if it was look-a-like carbon fiber you would be able to tell. Wannabe CF is just printed little squares in silver and black......those really do look like weaves.

I can't really tell, but it looks like it's just a flat black surface on te back that's covered with an advesive tape.

From a few conversations I've had now, I do think it's real cf.

Thanks!
-DaViper

Back