yakima ski rack with factory roof rack

do some searching for bike racks (we've been through it when the weather was nice).

I have a Yakima bike rack, but use Mazda mounts (long story).

If you use the factory rack you'll have problems with the skis / boards hitting the wing on the hatch when you open it. The moonroof will also hit the bottom part of the ski carrier mounting clamp when you tilt it open. I'd recommend an aftermarket rack so you can move it forward on the roof. Check it out here: http://home.comcast.net/~gtolley/rack.htm

do a search, i'm sorry i don't know the answer, but i know uclap5 does have the mighty mounts for a skit rack. Yakima doesn't make a horizontal mighty mount that "fits" the stock rack although there are ones that you can use (yakima just doesn't recommend it) I'm not sure if the same is true for vertical mighty mounts, which are what you need for a ski rack.

thanks for the replys. I found a nice package online that had the ski rack, mounts, and lock cores for $100. Maybe i'll just take the plunge and get the rack & mounts from mazdastuff.com for $30 more.

i believe its V12s for the mighty mounts.

if you do a search ive said it in at least 2 different threads.

uclap5 said:
if you do a search ive said it in at least 2 different threads.

I did...

I saw a couple pics of your car and it didn't look like you had the factory roof rack, so I wasn't sure if V12s were the way to go. But thanks, I 'll just tell the rack store to send me the v12s.

Back