fire extinguisher

I_Vtec

Contributor
:
2001 Honda S2000
Does anyone know where I can get a nice fire extinguisher online? I want to mount it in the cargo area just in case.

When I had my first car, a 74 VW bug, an extinguisher saved my ass one time. A chrome on or something like that would do.

pro5man said:
Does anyone know where I can get a nice fire extinguisher online? I want to mount it in the cargo area just in case.

When I had my first car, a 74 VW bug, an extinguisher saved my ass one time. A chrome on or something like that would do.

Sure thing...here is a nice one....and its chrome....inclused the mounting bracket....and its $42.95

CHROME FIRE EXTINGUISHER

Hopefully you aren't having too many fires in your 2002 P5...that would definitely be a warranty issue I think! :eek:

Now the 64 thousand dollar question: Where is the best place to mount a fire extinguisher in the Pro? I really cringe when I see the ricers mounting a chrome extinguisher on the passenger side a-pillar. That's only useful to getting rid of annoying passengers.

from what I have seen...there really aren't any GOOD places to mount it in the passenger compartment......what I mean is a place that it is fairly accessable, yet NOT in the way.....or sticking out like a sore thumb. About the only place I could see putting it is in the storage area.

That's where I was gonna put it. In the cargo area.

Thanks for the link Sir Nuke, but I found one that's chrome with flames on it for about the same price. Of course now I can't remember where or I would post a link.

Mounting it on the pillar is a little too ricey for me.

Did you ever get one and install it? Where's the "perfect spot" in the cargo area?

Here's the one with flames - You can find them on e-bay

Attachments

• fex2.jpg
    fex2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 725
I will plug my own company here, shameless as the case may be...

The Home Depot sells Automotive Fire Extinguishers for $9.97 complete with holster and mounting hardware. The extinguisher itself is about eight inches tall and three inches in diameter, pretty small. It is rated for Oil, Gas and Electrical fires. You'll find them by the service desk or in hardware.

I bought one and mounted it next to my hatch light in the rear. Go buy one and make my stock go up :)

Or go to Auto Zone, they carry the APC chromed unit.

Watch out I guess I'am a ricer (glare)

BondoBob said:
Now the 64 thousand dollar question: Where is the best place to mount a fire extinguisher in the Pro? I really cringe when I see the ricers mounting a chrome extinguisher on the passenger side a-pillar. That's only useful to getting rid of annoying passengers.

ditto! If you get it, conceal it.

OK this is going to be hard to explain but I'll do my best.

I mounted it on the support right behind the back door on the driver's side. So it is visible through the last little window on the driver's side. Does this make any sense?

No pics. No way to get up pics. Sorry.

Fits real well and looks pretty sweet. My rear windows are tinted and you can just make it out through the tint. Now granted I'm biased.

How much work was it to install the bracket? Did you have to take off that top plastic...or just drill some holes and slapped it on?

I just put the bracket up on there made some marks and then punched holes in it with an awl(spelling?)

I just checked out my car...how did you fit it back there with the seat belt hump in the way? (where the seat belt comes out) Maybe I'm not thinking straight.

No it's in the actual recess for the window. So it's almost right on the glass.

Back