Music of the Season: Who else Loves the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas music?

Do you enjoy the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas music?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who's Mannheim Steamroller?

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's better than any other X-mas music. I hate listening to X-mas carols. It wouldn't be so bad, but you have to listen to it from Halloween to the middle of January. I find myself having to put extra CD's in my car to avoid it. But on topic.....Manheim Steamroller is great. Its like you're not even listening to crappy X-mas tunes. I've been listening to them for years. Also check out Transsiberian Orchestra's X-mas tunes. They're very similar.

I love Manheim Steamroller and Yanni also.. but my ALL time favorite is Amy Grant.. :D
/members/Lisakay/lisa-amy2.jpg

I've got a CD called "Have a Very Bass Christmas" and it's all christmas music but it has Miami style booty bass doing all the harmony.....it's ******* hilarious !!!!! Guaranteed to blow up speakers :)

Oh, and a little tidbit for you Mannheim Steamroller fans. These guys used to be in a group called "Vangelis" who did the AMAZING soundtrack to Blade Runner and Chariots of Fire. I always thought that the Blade Runner soundtrack was one of the best ever because it blended so perfectly into the feel of the movie.....a true classic. I've only heard the Mannheim Steamroller stuff when Rush Limbaugh plays it on his show....he's a big fan.

loj68 said:
Oh, and a little tidbit for you Mannheim Steamroller fans. These guys used to be in a group called "Vangelis" who did the AMAZING soundtrack to Blade Runner and Chariots of Fire. I always thought that the Blade Runner soundtrack was one of the best ever because it blended so perfectly into the feel of the movie.....a true classic. I've only heard the Mannheim Steamroller stuff when Rush Limbaugh plays it on his show....he's a big fan.

Well; Actually, Vangelis is one man. His full name is Evangelos O. Papathanassiou. That is not a group. Vangelis is a star in his own right, though. That's for sure. "Chariots of Fire" is his biggest 'pop' claim to fame. But; he has done much. Much with synthesizers.
vang_bw.jpg

http://www.koert.com/data/introduc.htm

Chip Davis formed Mannheim Steamroller in the mid 70s. 'Beginning with the Fresh Aire series....
http://www.mannheimsteamroller.com/

Last edited:
I LOVE Vangelis.. I am pretty good at playing chariots of fire on the piano. :)

AGR, have you ever seen them live? I went 2 years ago in Pgh and it was a great show. No screaming kids standing all night. Tables all over the arena floor with 2 bottles of wine and cheese for each table. A cool minature train display at one end with live toy soldiers marching around it. Plus the show was in surround. Can't wait for them to come back.

And one of my favorite albums is Jon and Vangelis Friends of Mr. Cairo. Jon Anderson of Yes does the vocals.

norman said:
AGR, have you ever seen them live? I went 2 years ago in Pgh and it was a great show. No screaming kids standing all night. Tables all over the arena floor with 2 bottles of wine and cheese for each table. A cool minature train display at one end with live toy soldiers marching around it. Plus the show was in surround. Can't wait for them to come back.

And one of my favorite albums is Jon and Vangelis Friends of Mr. Cairo. Jon Anderson of Yes does the vocals.

Actually, yes! I saw them after they won the Grammy award for Fresh Aire 7 (1993), and then we saw the Christmas show here in Memphis at the Orpheum Theater in 1994. Simply Wonderful! We were 4 row center.

And I do have some Vangelis, as well. Plus; The LP; Jon and Vangelis. Very nice music!

D'oh, I don't know who Mannheim Steamroller is! (smash) (bike) I tend not to listen to Christmas music, though. I do like Vangelis, I have the BladeRunner soundtrack :D

Back