light out indicator?

brucelee

:
p5
is there an indicator that lets you know if a headlight, taillight, any light is out? does a cel light up or what?

But I do believe the green arrows in the dash (left/right blinker indicator) blinks fast when the actual bulbs are burnt out. Once, I changed the blinkers to clear bulbs and I didn't put them in well (they didn't fit well in the 1st place), and it (the green arrows) blinked like mad.

yea thats a default in all cars because it very hard to tell when a blinker is out since most people aer jsut thought not to use them and others would never think to check for it.

yea, i asked cuz the taillight on my gf's 99 accord went out yesterday, and there was an indicator that said "back light" so... yea...

Yeah it's a nice feature to have. I always hate it when I see a car driving down the road with lights out all over the place. My truck has this feature.

Unfortunately, the Protege is an econobox, so Mazda won't spend the extra $ to implement a feature like this. Like mentioned above, you will know when a turn signal lamp burns out because of the blink speed.

If you drive around long enuff, a cop will pull you over and give you a warning. So that's a free light-out indicator :)

Make full use of your hard earned tax money! :D

Douggie said:
If you drive around long enuff, a cop will pull you over and give you a warning. So that's a free light-out indicator :)

Make full use your hard earned tax money! :D

LOL, or he'll write you a repair order and a ticket. Then he'll want to search your vehicle. Cops around here are pricks like that.

Back