How To: Kill Door Chime

pingdum said:
^Did you have to quote the whole how-to?^

Sorry about that. My mistake. You have something usefull to say or just here to moan about my quote?

Pat

patcal said:
Sorry about that. My mistake. You have something usefull to say or just here to moan about my quote?

Pat
Mainly moaning, but I love this mod. It's heaven without that annoyance.

It's really driving me nuts. I have never had a car that the buzzer went off when any door is opened.

For the record, the wire white wire with either grey or green does not exist in any of the three connectors at the top of my 01 Tribute. Not sure what do do now.

patcal said:
For the record, the wire white wire with either grey or green does not exist in any of the three connectors at the top of my 01 Tribute. Not sure what do do now.
Trial and error?

i didnt have the same exact clips as you did in the picture, but i went to the one on the furthest left and it was on the top 4th from the left and was white with gray.. works swell for me! (enguard)

Last edited:
well ... I just realise this morning that by doing this method, your car doesn't want to start anymore ... wtf ?

I put it back and vroom .. everything was ok ..

Erci said:
D'OH!! Just realized what courtesy light is... as soon as you take the key out, dome light should go on, even without opening the door and I definitely lost that :(

I tried to do it through the gauge cluster, but factory alarm LED wouldn't let me pull the trim piece out.
For those who have factory alarm, is there any way to do this through gauge cluster without having to cut wires for LED that sits in the middle of gauge trim piece? (If there isn't, no big deal, I'll just cut the wires and solder them back together when I'm done)

I did this mod along time ago and it worked perfectly; however, I just installed new doors speakers and amplifier. Now when I open the doors under the same conditions, I get a buzzing noise comming from my speakers! I have no idea whats causing this. Anyone?

I just want to say thanks for the info guys (Natey / Pirana ). I had a sweet alarm installed in place of the facotry alarm on my MP3. My Alarm LED wire had been shortened and I wasn't able to get any slack. Luckily you can remove everything and rest it on the steering column and still easily reach the wiring harness. Cake.

Great Mod.... Easy To Do... Less Than 10 Minutes With A Gerber, And Dentist Tool... Buzzer Botherd Me A Lot... Usually Just Turned The Music Really Loud To Drown It Out... Not Anymore

OK it's almost been a year since anyone posted on this mod - but man, this is just bliss!! Silence is golden!! Did it on my wifey's Familia too - same wire same connector. Now gotta go do it on my Atenza.....

Just did this mod. It took less than 10 minutes to do total. Well worth not having to listen to the annoying beep! Now I can enjoy my music.

This is awsome I'll do it tomorrow.

Where is the buzzer speaker actually located? I want to use it as a shift buzzer like the rx-7/8. Preferably constant like the headlight buzzer. Shouldn't be too hard to hack up a cheap shift light and basically replace the light with the speaker. If anyone is interested I'll do a write up.

ilikespeed, on the Protege, it's hard to tell where the buzzer is. I don't think it's on the panel itself. Best bet is to keep it connected, let the dang thing chime, and track it down. On the Mazda6, its right there on the backside of the panel but different car, different design.

Back