What's YOUR lame excuse...

(werd) the main reason I didn't buy a stick was I don't know how to drive one--but now I'm wishing I bought one just to learn. Plus I made up all these bulls*** excuses like "I'm gonna be smoking and eating and drinking in this car" blah blah blah but it turns out I love the damn car so much I don't do any of that in the car anyways!...so now my right hand's always on the sportshift wishing it were on a stick :'(

Yes, I am seeing that now :( oh well, on the plus side the car is still fun to drive even with sportshift. Yeah, I'm regretting it a little, but overall I'm very happy with my P5. My next car will definitely be a manual, though. It's about freakin' time I learned...

Tip for all those with commutes: stick with the stock shifter. I just installed the TWM, and while I do enjoy the short throws it requires far more effort and feels far more notchy. I'm thinking it's time for some synthetic tranny fluid...

P5w3kids said:
Tip for all those with commutes: stick with the stock shifter. I just installed the TWM, and while I do enjoy the short throws it requires far more effort and feels far more notchy. I'm thinking it's time for some synthetic tranny fluid...

Which generation TWM shifter you have? 1st or 2nd? Im thinking of buying 2nd gen, because it has that internal bearing to reduce the notchiness.

oh yea to the topic, NEVER REGRET MY STICK! Like someone posted here about crazy guy with food and cell phone. I do that too, Phone jacked on my left shoulder, ciggarette in left hand, turning with knees and sometimes changing CD's at the same time and shifting. WOOHOO. I know its dangerous but I do it when the road is clear:D

+ friction said:
Rush hour traffic - I can't juggle my smokes, coffee, radio surfing and a stick in stop & go traffic that early in the morning.

I have a friend who can smoke a cigarette, drink his coffee, change CDs, and talk on his cell phone while driving stick...I've seen it on more than one occasion...traffic, stop lights, parking lots....

Back