Which tire would you suggest?

jsgolfer

:
2002 Protege 5
im stuck between the yokahama avs and the toyo proxes t1s. both in a 205/45/16. the yokahamas will be from discount tire and they run $475 installed. i have a hook up on the toyos for $384 installed. both include lifetime rotation and balancing. let me know what you all think. thanks

azenis sports kick ass but you wont get more than 13k miles out of them if you drive hard

im using azenis sports daily now

if your choosing on those 2 then i would go for the t1s

they are very good tires....

you will get the most grip out of the t1s compared to the avs

the avs's are good, but the ts1's are much better IMO. i'd say azenis, but for a 2wd daily driver, they won't be safe in the rain past 50% tread.

I have the Yokohama AVS ES 100 in 205/45-16. They provide excellent wet and dry handling and they are quiet. I highly recommend them.

I too would go with the T1-S. I have them on my millenia and they work great. When spring comes they will go on my P5 as well.

Marcus

thanks for all your suggestions. i don't think ill go with the falken's. thats alittle too much tire for my driving. id fun through a set in 6months. ill go witht he proxes most likely. not until after christmas though

Don't know if you already made your decision, but I recently bought a set of yokohama ice guard (strictly winter tires). Not only would I suggest them, I highly recommend them. Last weekend, in Vermont, with 4-6 inches of fresh powda on the road, these tires gripped like non-other. Furthermore, these tires ride similiar to our stock tires......highly recommend.

thanks sherif but im in georgia. if it ever snows that much here we will all just sit in our homes until it melts. you guys are crazy for driving in that s***. i wouldn't leave the house in anything less than a hum-V.

Back