leaking a little info on my "top secret" current project.

derrick1623

'Content Monkey'
Contributor
:
'07 Mazda3, True red
ok, is it possible to run two audiobahn amps ,which power two 12's...off of the kenwood z919>??

of coarse if you want them both off the sub out use a y adapter if the amp doesn't have an RCA output.

Last edited:
but im sayin, the back of the z919 is whack, by that i mean its all one harness, i know to tap into blue remote, but how do i do the rest, run 4 gauge power and ground...then build amp rack, then get sub, or am i way off here?

Maybe Jag61180 can help. I dunno. I feel ya though on the fact that the z919 is wack! I had to hook up a FM Modulator just to get sound to it from my DVD player!:eek: It works great. And if I want to hook anything else up, I can using the modulator!

audiobahn amps, if I am not mistaken have a rca output to run both the amps together doubling their output.

I would run a four gauge power wire down the left side of the car strait to the battery with a in-line fuse. The run a 16 gauge wire to the back of the radio for the remote turn on. Splice that into the blue remote wire behind the radio. Lift up the carpet in the trunk, use something to scrape a little paint off, and tap a ground their. Make sure you get the paint off to insure a good ground. Now purchase a distribution block, and run the power, ground, and remote through it. That will give you double of everything and just run those to both amps. Now all you have to do is run the RCS's from one amp to the other, and one amp to the radio. Now you are all set.

Back