The stock Potenza RE040 tires are SUMMER tires!

Dexter

Banned
Contributor
No more threads about how they suck in winter. we don't need more people to vouch.

we trust you.

Ive been told this thread is useless and not very beneficial to the forum.

id really like to know what everyone thinks about this thread, becuase it is apparently this type of thread that i create that gets the forum in an uproar, so if its me, fine.

just wondering, so please feel free to voice your opinion on the "Stock Potenza RE040 tires are SUMMER tires!" thread.

thank you. :)

I think this is a GREAT thread, because the next person to post about how bad their summer tires are in the snow should be beaten to death very very slowly with their own dismembered limbs.

If this is seen as too "harsh", you will have to endure threads from me about how bad my winter beater (94 thunderbird) is in an autocross, how hard it is to surf on a snowmobile, and how slow a three-cylinder geo metro (automatic with AC) is with 4 people in the car and a 2000lb moose strapped to the roof.

Glowmunkey said:
I think this is a GREAT thread, because the next person to post about how bad their summer tires are in the snow should be beaten to death very very slowly with their own dismembered limbs.

If this is seen as too "harsh", you will have to endure threads from me about how bad my winter beater (94 thunderbird) is in an autocross, how hard it is to surf on a snowmobile, and how slow a three-cylinder geo metro (automatic with AC) is with 4 people in the car and a 2000lb moose strapped to the roof.
(rofl) (lol)

Dexter, i think this thread is ok. It was getting out of hand with the my tires suck in snow threads.... something had to be done.

I think its good info. And I agree with you, But I dont however feeel that it needs its own sticky thread. I thought it would be better suited in PD's Mega MSP info thread. Which is stickied.

Glowmunkey said:

I couldn't have said it better myself!:)

As far as Spicey's suggestion - that'd be useless. Embedding this info inside another sticky will ensure that it is NEVER read. It needs to be a seperate topic so the title is visible at all times - at least until winter is half over.

do we really think we need to have a sticky thread for each problem that is important? If that was the case, we would end up having this whole forum as one large sticky thread, and no room to post.

SpicyMSP said:
do we really think we need to have a sticky thread for each problem that is important? If that was the case, we would end up having this whole forum as one large sticky thread, and no room to post.

Sticky threads:

Mega Info
Clunk
Hesitation
Summer tires (from Oct - Mar)
Aftermarket guide (which btw I WILL have time to finish soon...damn 60 hour work weeks!)
MSP problems (until boostisgood is finished gathering info)

Production #'s, how did you find us, etc. don't need to be stickied.

SpicyMSP said:
^Thats alot of sticky threads.

Looks like the people have spoken.

You asked for what they want, and they are telling you, and then you say "thats too many sticky threads"

its like 6 stickies. who cares? just look underneath them for the rest of the posts. It's like one flick of the scroll wheel. Half the time you have to scroll more due to all the pointless posts that the stickies address, anyways!

Yeah, it's quite a handful of sticky threads, but I think it will minimize the amount of repetitive questions...people are just too lazy to search through one single sticky thread for a link to another important thread.

IMO, all truly important threads should be stickied.

Dexter said:
Looks like the people have spoken.

You asked for what they want, and they are telling you, and then you say "thats too many sticky threads"

person. Simma. Just curious as to why.

just in general, the people have said that this, and other threads, are not worthless, and should not be merged into one.

"simma dahn nah"

Back