E-Manage powered Mazdaspeed!

turboge

Today marks day 1 of my journey with the E-manage and the MSP.

Just received these:

greddy1.jpg

greddy2.jpg

greddy3.jpg

greddy4.jpg

This thread will be suited for INFORMATION on the E-manage and its application to the Mazdaspeed protege. Please shy away from flames, off topic information, thread-jacks, slander, and anything not pertaining to the use of this system on the MSP.

This will also cover the use of the Profec E-01 on the car as well. Install starts this weekend after the removal of the Haltech. This will be the ultimate Tell All End All discussion about the use of the E-manage with this application!

Enjoy!

hurry up damnit.......educate me!!!! :)

and damn man get a new keyboard, that thing older then me......:)

Sweet. So why'd you give up on the haltech? Or did you just "conquer" it?

Awesome. All of us MSP owner has been waiting for this for a long time. Thanks turboge for doing this.(bowdown)

Kooldino - I've finished tuning on the haltech.

FC3s Boy - The majority of people want something that is cost effective, user friendly, and simple to install. The microtech is not much of any of these. If a piggy back like this can take care of the driveability issues of the MSP and make decent power at the same time then it is a much better route to go.

Panzozo - Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer, you guys are welcome.

Awesome news!

Just to keep this thread organized, why doesn't everyone try to avoid just posting 'good job' and 'keep us updated' replies...only reply if you have a question or information.

It'll just be easier for everyone to read, that's all...this thread will probably get a lot of attention.

:):)

Braden, Im just letting you know that I will be joinging you in this venture...

My friend has an E-01 that he used in his rx-7 for 2 weeks. I am getting that as well as the emanage unit from his brother who also has the pressure sensor, ignition clip software (disc)etc.

What are all the parts you plan on using durring you install?

Also, I believe you were speaking about having to hardwire something inside the actual emange unit itself to be compatible with our maf voltage.

Can you go into a little more detail with where you expect to experience problems with this install/tune?

I dont mind helping you along the way by being a second guniea pig as long as you hook me up with some tuning tips along the way..:D

It is awesome that you stepped up and are attempting to do this. Hopefully soon enough we can be boosting 12-13 psi without major worries...(upgraded injectors of course.)

-B

turboge said:
FC3s Boy - The majority of people want something that is cost effective, user friendly, and simple to install. The microtech is not much of any of these. If a piggy back like this can take care of the driveability issues of the MSP and make decent power at the same time then it is a much better route to go.

Finally Some one who speaks my language..I think it's a waste for the most part to invest into a unit that costs over $1k...Especially when the person..isn't planning on using forged internals..

I hope you can figure out the wirirng for a protege5!

Chas

im going forged and am still going to use this combo.... is there something i should know?

-B

Well..With a piggy..there is a limit to what a piggy can do..b/c the stock ecu..is still controlling the car..

Where as the stand alone..is completely controlling every aspect of the car!

Chas

true, but it was my belief that a piggy will work for what a turbocharged engine needs, ie ignition, fuel, and timing.

I could careless what microtech wants to do with my AC...

-B

azian6er said:
true, but it was my belief that a piggy will work for what a turbocharged engine needs, ie ignition, fuel, and timing.

I could careless what microtech wants to do with my AC...

-B

Well i am sure it's more than a/c..

It's probably more with..Helping to adjust redline....fuel cut..Timing retard when the car is pinging/nocking...Turning on the Fans at a certain temp...etc...etc..

Chas:D

i am running a profec e-01 the only thing is we couldnt find a wire to tap for the rpm mode if you run across this and find a solution please let me know i would love to be able to use my rpm specific boost mode..here is a pic of where my e-o1 is mounted the remote is in the map pocket underneath the dash

fb5ba573.jpg

Acidbbg - I also have the wiring done for the P5, however the mapping will be different with that ECU because of the base timing differences. Something I can develop with any boosted P5 if they'd like.

Azian6er - The forged internals will not be a problem, they will allow you to get more out of the tuning without worries of pre-mature blowups.

The benefits of a standalone wired in parrallel will surpass the e-manage but are not entirely necessary for the average user. With the haltech I could adjust rev limit, boost cut, vics, vtcs, cooling fans, etc... but the e-manage will not control those. Which are not entirely necessary to modify as is.

Boosted Protege - The RPM pin is 48 on the ECU. My dual pillar gets in the way of mounting the unit there so I'm still searching.

is the E-01 too large to mount on the dash behind the g.cluster and by the windshield? i don't know if that would obstruct your view to much or not. what about infront of the shifter, by the ash tray and cig lighter? not the easiest place to quickly glance at, but it may work for the time being...

Latest posts

Back