test drove the 3 today

3.5titanuimSD

:
MSP
Well i went to jhon hine mazda to show my girl the 3. We got to test drive the 5 door wagon,5speed blue. Well I really like the interior, and ooh man the clutch is light and shifting is so easy. The car wasn't as fast then i thought it would be..but i still think it's a very nice car. My girl loved the 3 so she might get one this week or next.

(msptitani

i drove a 3 a couple days ago as well. i agree about the interior...it's pretty nice. also the car just felt solid...like a much more expensive (non-american) car. i was also unimpressed with the power. not a bad car, but i don't think i'd buy one.

I just drove one today, 5 door, while my p5 was getting serviced. Didn't like it that much. Felt soft and it was an automatic. Autostick thingy is stupid. Probably more fun as a 5 speed. No sound what so ever and the dash board reminds me of the front end of KITT from Knight Rider. Whoo, Whoo - Whoo, Whoo.

Yea... the 5speed is the same, it's soo quite, the dealer let me gun it. Didn't really feel any pull no torque and it looked fast looking out the side window. But it's still a nice car with alot of cool stuff inside to make up for the power.

Which engine were you guys driving? 2.0 or 2.3?

Also, how would you compare it to acceleration in the P5 - STOCK?

The key here is that the car didn't "feel" as fast as you thought it would. Because the car is more refined and the engine is so quiet you don't "feel" the speed as much. These cars are plenty fast 0-60 in 7.4sec in C&D and 7.5 in modern racer.

The reason I ask about the 2.0 or 2.3, is that I drove the 2.3 with the AT w/sport mode, and got butterflies in my belly. And I drive a chipped 1.8T, so that should tell you something.

What were you expecting out of an engine listed as 160hp/150lb-ft?

oh whatever...a chipped 1.8T sucks! ;)

i saw them on the dealership lot last night. i must admit...they look pretty good in person...much better than they do in mags and websites. im sure its not going to compare to a chipped 1.8T, but im sure the car will handle quite well. i want a test drive too. :D

Mazda3 said:
The key here is that the car didn't "feel" as fast as you thought it would. Because the car is more refined and the engine is so quiet you don't "feel" the speed as much. These cars are plenty fast 0-60 in 7.4sec in C&D and 7.5 in modern racer.

Exactly. The car doesn't feel fast because it's more quiet and smooth. But just look at your speedometer...you'll be surprise....perfect car to get a speeding ticket.

People want noise and expect 250hp :rolleyes: . 160hp is enough for most people. Wait a few months and if you want more power then I'm sure there will be plenty of aftermarket parts to make it noisy and faster.

I just drove one today, 5 door, while my p5 was getting serviced. Didn't like it that much. Felt soft and it was an automatic. Autostick thingy is stupid.

First you have a P5 so of course you don't like the 3. Seems like P5 owners have always something bad to say about the 3 in this forum....Just an observation. Autostick is not stupid. You'd prefer they'd offered a plain regular automatic? At least it's there. If you don't like the extra feature then don't use it. (pow)

Well that's true the car doesn't seem fast but it is, but i drove the 5speed 2.3, it didn't feel like a car that i would take out to the track or fix up. I would say it would be a great everyday family car. Because it's so quite, and roomy.

Back