Stock MSP Temperature Gauge

TurboMan

:
2003.5 Titanium MSP
Does anyone know where our stock engine temperature gets its reading from? Does it get it from the coolant temperature, the temperature in the block, or somewhere else? Where is the stock sensor for the gauge hooked up to?

Hmmm i aint going out right now since its 2am but on my Ford Probe FS-D its on the drivers side of the block. Its a sensor that bolts into the side of the engine and you slide a connector over it and then you get a reading on the temperature gauge. Im pretty sure thats how the FS-DE is since its the same thing. Or i could be wrong.

The sensor is mounted face down in the coolant pipe that houses the thermostat. Just off the top radiator hose on the head.

How much damping is there in the gauge? Does it read within the middle millimeter for a range of 100-200* and then goes way to the right real quick if it gets into the critical range? Most new gauges in cars have this 'feature' now. It sucks because you have no idea what your engine's temps are doing.

In the center the temp is between 140-230F if it goes over the center its probably pretty damn close to blowing something up.

Back