Removing Gauge needles???

hihoslva

Anyone know how to remove the gauge needles from the instrument cluster?

I've got the gauge pod out, and I'm gonna do some paint mods to the gauge surround - get rid of the boring black.

While I'm at it, I'd love to change the color of the gauge needles. I read on some website that I SHOULD NOT pull them off - they'll break. I tried to pull, and my nerves got the best of me. Fixing them requires buying a new gauge pod.

I know changing the color only requires scraping the orange off the back of the needle and re-painting it, but I can't get them off!

I also heard that this guy Bruce Scott had a how-to on removing them, but there are no links anywhere.

Any help would be great.

Awesome website here too - I'm new.

Love my Sunlight Silver Metallic P5 :eek:

Don't remove them, just buy some custom guage's from some where and paint those. I like the how you want to do something different, but beware that getting you cluster recalibrated might cost a pretty penny.

Appreciate the advice, but I love the stock gauges.

I'd just like to change the color of needles for s**** and giggles. I'm not worried about recalibration - took a digital photo so I can put 'em back on with the car running and get 'em in the right place.

There's gotta be a way to get 'em off.

Guess I'll just live with it 4 now.

Thanks

Originally posted by hihoslva:
<STRONG>I'm not worried about recalibration - took a digital photo so I can put 'em back on with the car running and get 'em in the right place.</STRONG>

That's hardly the way to think they are recalibrated!! Anyway, if you do it, make sure you DO NOT touch or mess with the needle or you can expect them to be off by as much as 5mph or more at certain parts of the speedo range.

Back