MS Miata flyer

boostisgood

:
1988 FC3S TII
I got this while at SEMA. MAzdaspeed was there, and had an MS Miata there, along with this flyer. Enjoy, and tell me if you would pay 25-27k for this car. :D

/members/boostisgood/msmiata.jpg

Of course, that is to fun of a car not to buy. I constantly picture my Miata with a little more of everything performance wise and the MSM just seems to deliver it in every way without going overboard. Although I hope it sets some handling benchmarks like the MSP.

you know for maybe 2k more you can get the RX-8......

Mazda priced it just right, most expensive Miata ever, yet still below a RX-8

Also - spend $10k? Less and get a regular miata and a FlyinMiata turbo system...

blow the doors off that MS Miata. :D

i like how theyre giving more stock power out of an engine with less displacement than ours

Very cool. No roll bar though that would be nice. I think it will do well if Mazda markets it right. I think we (protege owners for the most part) scoff at the price but all things considered I don't think that a terrible price range. I think Miata enthusiasts will agree.

ME WANTEE NOWWWWWWW !!! :'( i'd even trade in my MSP for it....i don't care if it's only a 2-seater ! to me it's still "practical" ! HEheeEhehEHEhEeE

nope. But I'd want to teach whoever wrote that ad some Engish. :D Most of those periods should be commas...:rolleyes:
I understand writing ads is different, but that is just rediculous.

I have never understood why car companies do this. The "MazdaSpeed MX-5 Miata." Why is MX-5 in there? Yes we know that is the car it is based off of, but the mods have made it a higher end model. Chevy did the same thing with the Camaro Z28 SS. Do they think the length of a car's name makes it more impressive? Do I really drive a MazdaSpeed Protege ES? I know this is kind of trifling, but I just think it's silly. I know we'll all be calling it the MSM, so I guess that's all that really matters.

As for the price, I think it's fair and it won't really scare too many buyers away. Personally, I think if I had that kind of money to drop I would be picking up one of the remaining P5s and moding the hell out of it with the money I save. But we all find happiness in different cars and I look forward to hearing about the car from the guys that pick it up.

Autox MSP said:
for close to 30, I'd take the S2000 over that anyday.

let's compare: if u drop the same amount of money into the miata as the s2000, the miata will come out better. IMO at least...haha i'm just a miata lover...what can i say i'm biased

vodapas77 said:
I have never understood why car companies do this. The "MazdaSpeed MX-5 Miata." Why is MX-5 in there?

All Miatas are "MX-5 Miatas". It's that simple. It's the name of the car. North America is the only market that tacks the "Miata" on the end. For most of the world it's simply an MX-5. For Japan, it's a Eunos Roadster.

This is the last gasp for the BP. Don't expect to see it in the next generation Miata when that appears in a year or two. But for a low-volume halo car that tries to give a little shine to an end-of-life model, there's no reason to go for a radical engine change.

Keith

Back