Roof Racks

I was looking at the roof rack option too - don't see it in the Canadian site or brochure. Is it aftermarket only, or can you get them at purchase?

I think you have to go get an aftermarket one...

because I didnt see the little holes for the mazda roof rack (the one wich hang with the inside of your doors)

my P5 have those littles holes...and I do have the mazda roof rack

Vpower - thanks for the information. I saw them on a website (Bruono?), and I think on the US Mazda site. Hopefully an option in the new year, or else I'll go aftermarket.
Happy new year!

As far as I know, the stock roof rails have to be removed and replaced with ones that will accomodate the Mazda roof rack. I may be wrong.

I just checked the top of my sedan, the rubber strip is solid for the whole length. I might ask the dealer about the options, but they have stated they don't even have any parts for dealer parts offered yet.

... which is why I said you have to remove the whole strip to install a new one which will allow you to install the Mazda rack. This information comes from my dealer. The only problem with that is that most (if not all) dealers do not have any accessories in stock yet. For example, rubberized winter floor mats are only coming in mid February (in Ottawa anyways).

Here's the hatch with racks picture. (credit to BrunoLuong) US nor Canadian sites list it as option - hopefully in early 2004.

Attachments

• roof racks (hatch).jpg
    roof racks (hatch).jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 296
Dre said:
As far as I know, the stock roof rails have to be removed and replaced with ones that will accomodate the Mazda roof rack. I may be wrong.

that would be like removing the US roof rack....it's not a 5 minutes change. :eek:

Back