I need help,do you guys think that it is worth spending money on these parts:

obx cat converter-
obx cat

obx midpipe-
obx mid-pipe

and

obx header-
headers

Any comment or suggestion would be appricitaed.

Last edited:
You are my savior! I've been looking for a midpipe for my MSP for a while now. Good to know a company actually makes one. I was going to have one custom made not SS that was ganna cost me like $250. I know of people running obx exhaust peices on other cars and they seem to be happy with the quality. Don't quote me on the quality though :)

is the msp mid pipe the same as the MP3...

i have the wagner midpipe..
midPipeMP5.jpg

2.5" high flow cat, laser cut flanges, and a bellow..

Holy Shmoly! That mid pipe from wagnar is not cheap...looks really quality, though. I'll have to talk to Andy about that stuff when I get some money. ha!

yea.. its not free, SS isnt cheap..nor are the flanges bellow, and cat.. it adds up. Top quality.. Radom technolgy cats are expensive.

Paul, the midpipe we're talking about is actually called a "b-pipe". If you click on the link you'll see. It's the pipe that goes after the second cat to the muffler. I want to keep the stock muffler for now, that's why I'm having a hard time finding a b-pipe. On a side note, I didn't know you have upgraded rotors bro. I didn't see them on your car the last time...maybe I wasn't looking hard enough :) (cool)

Last edited:
not to threadjack here, but it looks like they have an obx cai for our car for $60 or a sri for 59.99..... and a full catback for 269- gotta question the quality, but damn... in the short term it might serve well

Yeah I agree with you that is why I'am prob going to purchase
the cat converter.

Description :

Dyno tested and proven. Direct bolt-on without modification. SUS-304 stainless steel mandrel bend for ultra fast flow. CNC machine flanges with TIG and MIG welded construction. 02 sensor position. All bolts and gaskets hardware included. Full written lifetime warranty form manufacutrer defects

Something about the last sentence of this header description makes me wonder about their quality.

-just to point this out, they are reselling obx, they are not the manufacturer. That being said- is it as good as aem, injen, or jic racing? I would say definitely not. Is the pricing good, will it accomplish much the same results? Yes.... There are a lot of people on this site with the ebay intake, because they work- they don't look as nice, the fit and finish is not as good, but it is functional. I think I will probably get a few things from them-

CustomMSP said:
Paul, the midpipe we're talking about is actually called a "b-pipe". If you click on the link you'll see. It's the pipe that goes after the second cat to the muffler. I want to keep the stock muffler for now, that's why I'm having a hard time finding a b-pipe. On a side note, I didn't know you have upgraded rotors bro. I didn't see them on your car the last time...maybe I wasn't looking hard enough :) (cool)

i see now.. i was confused why that midpipe was funny looking. Im not to fimiliar with the msp exhaust pieces..

I put the rotors and pads on the day before our first meet/cruise...

damn subghetto good find, i wanted to do what acidbbg did with his OBX headers he got off ebay. however, in the end, he spent the same amount of money as the racing mazda just without the wait (wink) Try it out i say i might be giving them a call tomorrow to find out more about their header!

"OBX Stainless Steel SUS-304 High Flow Cat. Converter. Stright free flow design without restriction. Compatible with Turbo/SuerCharges/Hight Tuned Engines. 02 sesor positioned, direct bolt-on. T304 fully stianless steel with lifetime warranty on manufacturer defects. Additional 3hp gain-dyno proven"

someone needs to learn how to spell, especially when it is a product from a company they are trying to sell...theres over 5 words spelled incorrectly, i mean if there was 1 no big deal, maybe even 2...but not 5

well buying something offline, which i rarely do unless its a hat or something, when they can't even spell correctly that would make me very hesitant to spend hundreds of dollars...maybe its just me i don't know

BS

i tried calling but no answer.. then a lady with a spanish accent picks up the phone so im like wtf did i dial the wrong number?!?!?! she tells me that they're still out of stock with them, so i figured what another bs site who posted up items they don't or will never have!

Last edited:
what did you ask for? s***! :mad: and I wanted to get the cat. converter oh well :rolleyes:.

It says that the Mid Pipe will only work with an OBX rear section.

Is that true? I want to get it and hook it up to my mazdaspeed axelback.

Back