bov confusion

NjMpSpeed

:
Spicy Orange Msp
iv been reading about 20 posts already and i have yet to get a straight answer. Im looking to install the hks ssqvor any other good bov in my msp. what exactly do i have to do in order to make it work with out stalling or any problems. are hard pipes needed? any advice would be greatly appreciated

from what ive gathered, a hard pipe is nessary from the output of the ic to the intake at least. you have to have both the stock BPV and the bov to get it to work without stalling.

check the how to forum...the article on how to kill your turkeys explains plenty...u could do it w/o hardpipes, but stalling may come still

There is *NO* single answer to this. Some people have it set up with hard pipes, others have it setup like JDM Sam's, others come off where the BPV comes off with a hose to the BOV and then release to atmo. For some people it works and doesn't stall...they just make it nice and tight so it doesn't leak at idle, but will release easily enough to dump the air.

There are only two ways that I know of to ensure that you will not stall:

1) Get standalone/piggyback and program so that you won't
2) Follow the How-To created by 505 Zoom regarding Killing the Turkey in the MSP. you can find that thread in the How-To section...that will involve hardpipes, and running both the stock bypass valve and a new BOV...the stocker will re-circ and the BOV fires to atmo.

if you wanna kill the turkey, it looks like you're gonna need hardpipes. though i forget if anybody has tried running a dedicated vacuum line from the manifold (or spliced into the brake booster line) to the stock bpv or aftermarket bov with the stock pipes. but yes, you can run an aftermarket bov with the stock pipes no problem. i'm just not sure if you can get rid of the turkey or not. my guess is you can maybe lessen it, but that's it.

i fu put a bov in place off the stock bpv, you will get the same turkey. you wont stall you tune the bov correcctly so it does not leak at idle. to get rid of the turkey, you should do what they did in the other thread. hard pipes+bov+stock bpv= no turkey?

after the hard pipes or fmic.....turbo xs type-h bov is very nice....give you a nice crisp pssssshhhhh
now if you want loud, my rfl is pretty loud lol so rfl.

Got_boost02 said:
i fu put a bov in place off the stock bpv, you will get the same turkey. you wont stall you tune the bov correcctly so it does not leak at idle. to get rid of the turkey, you should do what they did in the other thread. hard pipes+bov+stock bpv= no turkey?

Are you sure you won't run into stalling problems? How are you getting around this MAF issue? If you blow the pressure off into the atmosphere, the ECU isn't going to know it isn't there, so its going to shoot a bunch of fuel in to go with the air that isn't there.

i havent done this, but from what i gather from the other thread is. the idea is that there is too much pressure to just be released through the stock bpv. so if you incorporate the bpv with a bov, it would be like a 50/50 split. half the air goes back to the intake, half goes to the atmosphere. you shouldnt get any stalling issues, and the turkey compressor surge should be gone with the added bov.

Back