Winter Tire pressure suggestion

YuYuRena

:
2003.5 MSP TG
So I got 4 Pirelli Snowsport mounted and I'm wondering how much psi should I inflate them at comparable to stock MSP config? For the RE040 the recommended spec is 32psi. The Pirelli's max inflation is 36 psi. I'm thinking about 30psi, but that's just a gut feeling along with looking at other car using 195/55/15 size and they recommend 30 psi. Any takers? And also, I read the Snowsports is asymmetric, but I don't see an arrow or some sort of marking on the sidewall telling you which way the tire is supposed to rotate. I know there's tire pull, but want to see what you have as experience with them. I would appreciate your help :)

YuYuRena said:
So I got 4 Pirelli Snowsport mounted and I'm wondering how much psi should I inflate them at comparable to stock MSP config? For the RE040 the recommended spec is 32psi. The Pirelli's max inflation is 36 psi. I'm thinking about 30psi, but that's just a gut feeling along with looking at other car using 195/55/15 size and they recommend 30 psi. Any takers? And also, I read the Snowsports is asymmetric, but I don't see an arrow or some sort of marking on the sidewall telling you which way the tire is supposed to rotate. I know there's tire pull, but want to see what you have as experience with them. I would appreciate your help :)

Go with the recommended psi on the tire itself, should be there somewhere. 30-32 sounds about right. I lower the pressure a bit when there is actually snow on the ground. But if it's just wet, normal inflation is best to prevent abnormal wear.

As far as them being directional, it should say on the tire which direction it goes. If it doesn't say on the tire, I wouldn't worry about it. Did you get any literature with the tires?

I'm running 32 on mine, Yuyurena...Man those sidewalls are HUGE though...You can feel the car's turning and oversteer more now...it's expected, but just remember that the car will be a bit more loose.

i use about 34 psi in my winter tires. since they are so soft, pumping in a bit more psi will help stiffen them up. plus i do alot of highway driving, so i don't like the psi too low, or else there's gonna be some abnormal wear going on.

Back