Eibach Pro Kit installed

:
1999 Mazda Protege "Sport20" FS-ZE swap
They're installed, woohoo. Finally no jacked up look to the car.

Complete pics:
http://www.morrownet.net/negatize/spring/

Before:
tn_IMG_1807.jpg

tn_IMG_1808.jpg

After:
tn_IMG_1835.jpg

tn_IMG_1836.jpg

tn_IMG_1834.JPG

Sorry its the best I can do until I get some daylight.

Disregard the flaking clearcoat on my wheels.

Actually they are the slightly revised MSP Tokico Blues..

They ride stiff, but not harsh IMO. Love it.

I'm liking it man. A lot! How long was the install? Do you have to get an alignment done or is that only for more than a two inch drop? Btw, how much were the struts?

The struts were $460 from Mazdastuff.com but Mitch is offering the Tokico Illumnas (adjustable!!!) now at protege5online w/ the eibachs for even cheaper. If they were out when I got my struts back in June I would have went that route instead.

The install was done at my friend's house and took about 6 hours. We did the back first and was having some problems getting the top of the strut mounting plate to line up right with the strut tower's holes until we figured out how to do it correctly. Once we knew wtf we were doing it only took about 30mins-1 hour for the fronts.

You have stock struts right? I think the Tokico's make the springs ride a little higher, because my Racing Beat springs were suppoed to be .75" drop but actually raised the rear of the car.

Oh well either way the ride height looks perfect for me.

The wheels are flaked because Arospeed makes crappy quality wheels. The clearcoat chipped and it spread, basically.

tn_IMG_1837.jpg

looks good...my Sprint are just sitting in the corner collecting dust because its too cold to put on.

time for new wheels..:D I know I'm long over due...lol

Looks nice!

Negatize, did the impact gun help a lot with the install, because i was gonna get some Eibach's soon and didnt really know if i should go rent a impact gun and an air compressor?

Thanks,
Dan

Simpletons101 said:
Looks nice!

Negatize, did the impact gun help a lot with the install, because i was gonna get some Eibach's soon and didnt really know if i should go rent a impact gun and an air compressor?

Thanks,
Dan

Yes, it is was a big help. Without it, the bolts that hold the rear strut on would be a major PITA to remove.

Back