Dealership COMPLIMENTS!

Rush

:
91 MX-5, 13 ILX
I've been hearin' mostly bad news about dealerships lately on the forum .. but I actually have some good stuff t'say!

I took my MSP in for service at Faulkner Mazda (in Philadelphia) on Wednesday morning, bright and early at 8am. I came equipped with a three page typed list of all the things that needed to be worked on, along with printed pages of TSB info.

My dealership did EVERYTHING, without a SINGLE word of protest.

And just to show you how much work they did, let me run down the list. Full service inspection (fluids, brakes, tires, etc), checked to make sure I had the right ECU/PCM programmed, changed oil and filter, checked my turbo (found out my thermostat was damaged and replaced it), replaced some clamps and hoses for a coolant leak that were installed at a DIFFERENT dealership (Faulkner didn't think they looked good enough), installed the new bushings for the clunk (they used the correct part, too, the 156E), checked my rotors to make sure they weren't warped, repainted the rusted area on the brake rotor hubs, replaced my subwoofer and entire rear deck so the rattling would stop, replaced my alarm module, reattached my rear skirt that was starting to fall off, AND repaired the dents over my right front fender with AMAZING quality and with NO paint job!

And the total for all this? .. Just shy of $300. And that's for the dent repair and the oil change. The car drives excellently, looks fantastic, and I'm absolutely thrilled with how well they did with everything. I don't have a single complaint. I'm still stupified over how well they did with that dent on the fender. Half the lip over the wheel well was smashed in .. and now, the only thing you can see is a miniscule crease when you hold your face about four inches from the car. It's incredible.

So for anyone in the Philadelphia area that every has any problems .. Go to Faulkner. Service Manager's name is Scott. They're excellent people.

Scott is nice I deal with Tim he is the best, that dealer is prob. the coolest around they will send out a survey fill it out I did, and put your name on it so if they get it back they know that your not a complainer they put me in a rental while my car was getting service, no charge for the rotors I had resurfaced,clunk free,flashed

Man, I wish I bought my P5 from them.... I got mine at Sussman Mazda outside of Philly. They had no problem with the rotor hub rust? Like if I took it in, they won't question me? I need to go check them out! I just drove by today too to see if any Mazda 3's have been shipped...

They didn't say voice a word of complaint about fixing the rust on the rotor hubs. Nothing. I honestly expected them to say something -- but they didn't. I saw the car before I actually went in to talk to anyone, when picking it up -- and they did an awesome job.

There's actually a website where you can go and print out the TSB info. The addy is:

http://web2.airmail.net/theman/protegefaq/tsb/mt000003559.html

Print that out, take it with you, and simply point out the little 'Copyright of Mazda North American Operations' if they give you any crap. Which, I can 99.9% guarantee that they won't.

And if they DO give you any crap, PM me -- and I'll call them and b**** them out for you! :D

Faulkner is bomb... They always take care of me.. I agree Tim is the best guy to deal with, i have delt with scott before, but i find tim is much nicer. I use to go to hamilton mazda/VW that place sucked, faulkner took care of all my problems without question.

I guess your home from school for break, maybe i'll see ya around.

Cool stuff! I'm happy to hear that I have a dealer close by that's good! I don't like Sussman Mazda service... it's like a dictatorship in there where one guy says "yes" or "no"... I'm gonna check out Faulkner soon!

P.S. What about mods? Are they anal about them? (i.e. intake, short shifter)

Heh, yup -- back in good old Bucks County until Sunday.

I was out on Roosevelt Boulevard on Tuesday night .. Got some kids in an ugly Civic and some other guys in a new Altima tryin' to make a fool out of me.

.. Good thing I left them WAY back there when the light turned green .. God I love that.

So this weekend, if you do see a blonde/red haired female in a Titanium with no rust on her hubs .. it probably really IS me!

As far as mods go .. I asked about that as I was cashing out today. Specifically about exhaust systems, as that's what I'm focusing on next. That and/or and intercooler. Anyway, he specifically said to me, "Unless you start screwing around with the boost, you can do pretty much anything with the exhaust."

Frankly, I was amazed. From that and the rest of what he said, it sounds like Faulkner's opinion about mods is this: unless you SERIOUSLY **** around with the engine, have fun.

Last edited:
Back