rattle in the hatch

tonkabui

Little Asian Member
:
2002.5 protege5
hello folks. i have a rattle in my hatch. recently, it has gotten to the point where slight imperfections in the road will cause a seemingly neverending rattle. i have traced it back to the interior plastic panel inside the hatch door itself. on the left hand side, it sits solidly in its tabs. on the right side, however, it seems as if there is a latch loose. how do i unlatch these latches? do i just pull? i've tried to, but it's stuck in there pretty good. anyone have any ideas? tia.

it pulls off.. but everytime i pull it off i lose a clip. -=\ im runnin outah clips back there. -=(

thanks pfizzle.
so i just muscle the b**** off? heh heh... my kind of project. i was about to just ninja punch it to see if it was gonna work, but opted against that route.

so where do i start to pull? and should the hatch be opened or closed? i found the rattle to be at the top of the right hand side.

i have similar rattle.. but i no go look yet. laaaaazzzyyy i'm sur when i'm pulling my hair out i'll go find and fix it.

I HATE ROGUE RATTLES

lol@ninja punch...

if youve ever taken it off before.. one of the metal clips may have fallen of in there.. the rattle i used to get in the back was from the spoiler.. so i pulled it off an put weather stripping and dynamat under there.. yeah.. it was awesome.. fixed that s***..

yep, fixed the b****. i found the missing tab that was just hanging out. i reinstalled it, but it still wasn't sitting flush, so i took a piece of rubber hose i had laying around, split it down the middle, and wedged it right inbetween the plastic and the hatch. voila! no more rattle. but now i need to find that annoying clunking. i think it's the spatula i have back there.

I got one of those annoying rattles in the back somewhere..

The rattle happenes just driving un the streets, on smooth roads, and on highways..

Mazda so far has replaced the locking mechanism, and insulated the rear door..

Since I work for a car manufacturer, they have insulating stickers, so I take a few, so when I find it, I can insulathe the hell out of it..

Latest posts

Back