Best place to mount alarm siren and control module?

Douggie

Where do the professional installers mount these things? Are they well hidden? Any pics would be great. I know the mounting location of these things makes all the difference when it comes to security.

if you want it to be loud, put it behind your grill.. you can't see the siren cuz your grill is black and you cant see it if you open the hood you will need to take your grill off to do it and there is a place where you can mount the siren with nut/bolt

i ment the lower part of the grill on the same level as your fog lights, you can hide the siren wires inside a black wireloom so it looks like a stock loom so when they break into your car they don't know which wire to cut, but they will probably remove your battery anyways and reset your alarm module

pr5owner said:
if you want it to be loud, put it behind your grill.. you can't see the siren cuz your grill is black and you cant see it if you open the hood you will need to take your grill off to do it and there is a place where you can mount the siren with nut/bolt

Great idea!

Yeah, like KYREDP5 said, the alarm is pretty useless if you don't have a backup battery. Because once the damn bastard breaks the window and the alarm goes off, he/she's gonna want to pop the hood to go and kill the battery power.

So the other thing i thought of is to modify the hood pull cable.
Now if i hide the hood pull cable, it might buy me some time to get my baseball bat and pound some sh!t out of that bastard :). I mean I don't pop the hood that often anyways.

What you guys think?

Thanks.

pound the sh!t out of him? why? you waste your time, just drop him with a 12ga, done... go back to bed, clean up mess later

pr5owner said:
pound the sh!t out of him? why? you waste your time, just drop him with a 12ga, done... go back to bed, clean up mess later

Because I don't want that dudes guts and crap splattering all over my car. :D

Anyway, back to the siren location behind the lower grill. I like that it's hidden and stuff, but isn't it kinda low? Wouldn't it get hit with a lot of water when driving in rain and going thru just small puddles? It's supposed to be facing downwards to prevent accumulation of water, but still it could be drenched if it's located THAT low above ground.

And how about the alarm control module? under dash? under seat?

Last edited:
Typicaly the siren goes under the hood where it can b eth eloudest and the brain goes under the dash, although keep in mind the theives know this.

The better installers put the siren under the fenders and the brain somewhere a bit more hidden. Or atleast harder to get too.

Can anyone who had their alarms professionally installed chime in and let me know where did they hide it? Or did they hide it so well that even you can't find it? :)

I AM AN INSTALLER!!!!!!!!

:D

Tht is where we put it unless someone asks and pays for a better install. You can hide them anywhere, just get imaginative. Some place hard to get to is best. The Roof liner perhaps :D

1st MP3 in NH said:
I AM AN INSTALLER!!!!!!!!

Tht is where we put it unless someone asks and pays for a better install. You can hide them anywhere, just get imaginative. Some place hard to get to is best. The Roof liner perhaps :D

LOL, yeah, just forgot that you work at tweeter. hehe.. Sorry :)

Roof liner eh? hmm, actually there IS some space towards the back for the P5. I'm thinking of putting it in the area underneath the center armrest (there's a small panel that can be opened from the back). But then there's the hassle of running longer wires.

If you take off the front grill you will find some space just next to the driver' side headlight where you can fit a standard small DEI siren that is all but impossible to see or access once you put the grill back on the car. As for the brain, pull the instrument cluster out from the dash, it's only a few screw for the trim and cluster, and you will find ample room for the brain and any needed relays back there. Once the cluster is put back in you are not able to see the brain at all and if you tape the wires with electrical tape you will be very hard pressed to find them at all. not to mention you can find the tach and door trigger lines on the back of the cluster for ease of wire runs.
This is how I did my wife's P5 and I gave a challege to my employees afterward to see who could find any of the componenets, one of them figured out where the siren had to be from a small amount of wire that I hadn't tucked in but couldn't actually find the siren. Oh ya, I've installed professionally for 15 years up untill the end of September.:)

i with 1st...we always install ours in the dash. try your console...is there any empty cavities in our consoles? what alarm are you installing?

Greg S said:
If you take off the front grill you will find some space just next to the driver' side headlight where you can fit a standard small DEI siren that is all but impossible to see or access once you put the grill back on the car. As for the brain, pull the instrument cluster out from the dash, it's only a few screw for the trim and cluster, and you will find ample room for the brain and any needed relays back there. Once the cluster is put back in you are not able to see the brain at all and if you tape the wires with electrical tape you will be very hard pressed to find them at all. not to mention you can find the tach and door trigger lines on the back of the cluster for ease of wire runs.
This is how I did my wife's P5 and I gave a challege to my employees afterward to see who could find any of the componenets, one of them figured out where the siren had to be from a small amount of wire that I hadn't tucked in but couldn't actually find the siren. Oh ya, I've installed professionally for 15 years up untill the end of September.:)

great idea

OH come on!
Is no one ambitious enough to mount it in the roof??

Greg S said:

Excellent! Thanks! :D

1st MP3 in NH said:
OH come on!
Is no one ambitious enough to mount it in the roof??

I'll do it, I'll do it!!!

NOT:D

That'd be a pain. I've done it under the driver's seat in my MX-6 though, wouldn't fit anywhere else cleanly. I had a Clifford Intelligaurd 900, 2 Smartwindow's modules, DEI remote start module, back up battery and a collection of relays all screwed to a board under the driver's seat and run up the center console and door sill. Totally hidden and when the alarm went off one of the relay's was set to disconnect power to the seat motor so no one could get access to it. Too much work though. Total install took 13 hours.:eek:

Back