made ... in Japan or USA?

I think it says on the lable on the inside of the door "Made in Japan." Every thing I have heard indicates that atleast 98% of the car is built in Japan.

yeah to the best of my knoiwledge most of the car is done in JP - then the car is exported,
once the bubble wrap is removed, the stuff like the badges are attached to the car, the number plate holders, and some other stuff...

hence you have those domestic versions in the older 323/familia/protge/protge5....

monki said:
where is it made?
i know all MP5 made in Japan (good stuff)

Hofu Japan plant 1.

Being in Canada, we don't get the distribution numbers on the cars but one US person has reported 80% Japan/0% N. America/20% Other.

Any US folks, please confirm these numbers next time you check out a Mazda3 at the dealership

look at the windshield , if there is a "J " in front of the num it is done in japan
i know mazda6 is not

monki -
the origin of the chassis is the first number in a VIN number
example the older BJ 323 was broken up as such - \
JM0BJ
ie J - Japan
M - Mazda
0 is pertaining to the drive (ie left or right 1 for LHD)
and finally BJ which was the model designation -
there are a few more details than that - but that should break it up

the windscrrens are sometimes made locally and not in the original factory - most Australian cars have Pilkington glass

oh well

its a pass - thats gotta count for something !!!

hmm i just had a look at our holden apollo (a rebadged toyota camry made for GM)

its vin is 6T....

any way back on what i was saying before - patrick stevadores do all the local work for mazda, toyota, ford, nissan etc...

Back