MPI Tuner Anyone?

AutoBox said:
well do u have pricing on ur unit for msp owners?? also does ur programin software offer 3d maping? or only that 2d style table maping?

The cost is $675.00, the end of the year sale is going until this Sunday. The sale price is $575.00

Yes we have 3D mapping. Here is the screen shot.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Thanks again

Later.....Nick

Attachments

• 3d mapping.jpg
    3d mapping.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 144
Nick- Can the MPI Tuner control larger injectors, say 440's, so that 10psi+ can be run on the MSP with out the use of secondary injectors? It appears that larger injectors wouldn't be a problem but this hasn't been mentioned if I remember correctly.

If the MPI Tuner can handle larger primaries; would idle, partial throttle or WOT performance suffer under certain conditions or load?

mx3ownzj00 said:
Nick- Can the MPI Tuner control larger injectors, say 440's, so that 10psi+ can be run on the MSP with out the use of secondary injectors? It appears that larger injectors wouldn't be a problem but this hasn't been mentioned if I remember correctly.

If the MPI Tuner can handle larger primaries; would idle, partial throttle or WOT performance suffer under certain conditions or load?
When ever you go to larger injectors, you lose some idea quality.

I have seen more then a few post around here to show that people have had problems with 440s.

We can tune for larger injectors. I still fell that the extra injector is the best way to go.

Thanks again

Later.....Nick

ECT, ACT unless it uses the stock ones ?

mx3ownzj00 : i think with the new sensor cotrol it shoud be fine, i cant see y it should not control bigger injectors since it has full control over the fule, and i used to have an mx3 i loved it untill i got hit :(

Last edited:
hukster00 said:
ECT, ACT unless it uses the stock ones ?

mx3ownzj00 : i think with the new sensor cotrol it shoud be fine, i see y it shoud not control bigger injectors since it has full control over the fule, and i used to have an mx3 i loved it untill i got hit :(

It will use the stock sensors.

Thanks again

Later...Nick

YAY! Thanks for coming out and saying how you did it, MPNick... getting the ECU into open loop type mode. Thats all I wanted to know. I appreciate it.

Chris

Well it has been almost three weeks now. Chas came in for me to do a check up on his car. He was having a very small stumble at on/ off / on boost. WE talked about replacing the plugs that were in his car. They are the NGK 7---s, I have found them to be to cold. Anyway we reomved the plugs and found that one plug was very lose, it was leaking compression. Installed new NGK6---s and went out for a ride. The problem was gone. I did make cold start fuel change and timing change. I did not have to make any changes for fuel or timing above 1,500 rpm or 20% trottle. . I hooked up my laptop to check things. The AFR are still hitting high 11s and very low 12s any time you nail the throttle.

The car runs ery well. No "relearning" with the MPI uner. He is running upto 8 psi and the car has no intercooler. He has no FMU or extra injectors. His AFR is right where they need to be all of the time eveytime. It does not matter what great you are in, what rpm you nail the throttle or how cold it is. The AFRs are perfect and the timing retard is very smooth.

Thanks again

Later..........Nick

AutoBox said:
works for me...has anyone tuned yet on a msp???
I think it has been posted over ten times but here it is again. The fastest MSP on this fourm runs the MPI Tuner. The car has run 13.7s to date This summer it will be the first MSP to break 12s.

Thanks again

Later.........Nick

SORRY...i havent seen anything about a mpi on a msp....do you have any base maps available yet for the msp?

AutoBox said:
SORRY...i havent seen anything about a mpi on a msp....do you have any base maps available yet for the msp?

Yes I have base maps for the MSP.

Thanks again

Later...............Nick

I run NGK 7xxx's myself...as well as all the spool guys. What comes stock with the MSP?

Kooldino said:
I run NGK 7xxx's myself...as well as all the spool guys. What comes stock with the MSP?

The MSP had NGK6XXX in it from Mazda. I never liked the way the 7s worked. They seem to foul up a little more then the 6s. They seem to not run as well for to long. Always had good luck with the 6s.

Thanks again

Later...............Nick

MPNick said:
I hooked up my laptop to check things. The AFR are still hitting high 11s and very low 12s any time you nail the throttle.

You are still using the stock O2 narrow band sensor correct?

perfworks said:
You are still using the stock O2 narrow band sensor correct?
100% correct. Everytime you hit the throttle the O2 meter hits the floor. I do not need a wideband to tell me how we are running on the street. When we dyno tune a car the setup is much different, we use a real wideband. There the wideband sensor alone is over $800.00 and it has 8 wires coming from it.

Thanks again

Later.................Nick

MPNick said:
100% correct. Everytime you hit the throttle the O2 meter hits the floor. I do not need a wideband to tell me how we are running on the street. When we dyno tune a car the setup is much different, we use a real wideband. There the wideband sensor alone is over $800.00 and it has 8 wires coming from it.

Thanks again

Later.................Nick
It hits the floor because it cant read over or under 14.7. It is designed to read a stoich mixture only.
Above it you dont know if its 14:1 or 10:1. NB sensors do not have a rich calibration.

Back