I need computer nerd help!

MotegiMazdA

:
2000 Mazda Protoslow
I have a link System router with Comcast cable. Its going from my room to my laptop to my desktop. The lap top works, but the desktop does not. We recently had the computer crash and had XP loaded back onto it. The internet worked fine until this incredifind.com bulls*** was downloaded onto the computer, (probably from my brother downloading some BS), When that was on the computer and you tried to get online, on the bottom left hand bar it would say originally finding site(whatever Im going to ) then it would say finding site incredifind.com and would go no where. I found it and deleted it from the system and now I cant get it online. So I took it from my computer room to my room to make sure the distance wasnt too great for the router, it says its getting a connection, in fact its 100%, but it still wont connect L Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? Thanks in advance.

probably some spyware bulls***, try to get these programs on the problem computer to clean it all out, spybot adaware and pestpatrol will clean out all the junk.

have you tried unplugging stuff and replugging it back in?

it may not help cuz you have other issues with that incredifind thing, but sometimes my internet randomly would s*** out on me, and unplugging it always made it work again, i dunno, i dont know much about all that stuff (shrug)

All kind a s*** is going on here. So has the desktop been completely restored since that incredifind.com crap was installed? If you deleted it do you mean you unistalled it?

Yes I unplugged it and replugged it many times. Its anti Me I swear

I even went to far as to connect it directly to my modem via the Ethernet cable but it didnt recognise it.

What would you recommend out of those three and can I download them onto my laptop and save it to install it onto my desktop

No the computer wasnt restored after the incredifind crap. I found it on my C drive and deleted it. It didnt have an uninstall option. I then searched the computer for it and it found nothing.

yeah once you clean it restart the computer and scan it again, some of the spyware is sneaky like that

I use adaware. it works wonders... my dumbass downloaded kazaa to get one song and that one program created somethin like 550 pieces of spyware on my system (including incredifind!)

alsolook through your add/remove programs settings... there tend to be things stuffed in there that you had no clue existed (especially if you were running any sorta mp3 downloaders)

on the desktop try this

click start go to run and type in cmd
when the console window opens it will say c:/
type in ipconfig /release tehn hit enter
then it will display some junk then type in ipconfig /renew then hit enter again
after you enter that it may take a few seconds...

then try your internet connection to see if its back

TooleBox said:
I use adaware. it works wonders... my dumbass downloaded kazaa to get one song and that one program created somethin like 550 pieces of spyware on my system (including incredifind!)

Try Kazaa Lite.

My bro ****** the computer up royally the first time with Kazza then the guy that fixed it for us said to use Kazza light but i got that incredi find crap from it.

oh I uninstalled some program and the desktop works now!! :D off to download some adaware stuff.

I was wondering that too dreeza what exactly is spyware?

dreeza its alot of junk that makes popups ads on your computer and modifies your internet explorer. its extremely annoying and bogs your computer down.

some of the worst are xupiter, gator, comet... alot of p2p programs install them secretly and you end up getting all this junk.

you probably have some on your computer if you don't know what it is, i suggest you check out those programs and do a scan.

then, dance like mj (mj) :D

Back