Something that truly made me cry.

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
I had the good fortune (if thats what you want to call it) of attending the memorial service of the killed army soldiers from the CH-47 that crashed en route to baghdad, that were staitioned right down the road (though i never had the pleasure to meet them personally).

i thought i would share with the program that they handed out at the service, so that you may know what soldiers give for your freedom everyday. remember these guys died in part to help give you the right to reply to this topic. once again, i dont want anyone to thank me or anything, this is not about me, its about them. i also dont want to hear s*** about you not wanting the U.S. over there or whatever, make another thread for that if thats your beliefs.

It is the Soldier,
not the reporter who has given us freedom of press

It is the Soldier,
not the poet who has given us freedom of speech

It is the Soldier,
not the campus organizer who gives us freedom to demonstrate

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
who serves beneath the flag,
and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Father Dennis Edward O'Brien

memorial.jpg

memorial2.jpg

memorial3.jpg

memorial4.jpg

memorial5.jpg

memorial6.jpg

memorial7.jpg

EDIT: give it a minute, its taking a minute to scan

Last edited:
yes, very sad and lots of tears. you never think it would happen to you or your friends. wait about 5 minutes and youll see the program.

god bless there souls and god bless there family. i have realy high respect for a men and women in the army. they are willing to put there lives on the line for our safty. God Bless all of them and there family. i am sory for there familys loss

i realized just now, that SSG Valezquez has a 4 month old daughter he never saw...

Bless them all, I cant put into words the respect i have for those willing to give up so much for their country

Back