In-line/line out/speaker wire to rca converter

DaViper

:
2016 Mazda6 GT
Hi,
I recently as very dissapointed after I found out that my stock HU (which I really like the look of in my p5) didn't have rcas. From what I've read in this forum, people say t get a line out converter thing, but I haven't heard from anybody about how well they actaully work, or more specifically, someone who uses one to go to a subwoofer amp with the stock HU in the P5. Please let me know of any experiences you've had with these things, since I've only been alble to find no-name brand converters. Do you know of any "high quality company" converters to power my kicker kx4001. amd and s10l5 sub with the stock HU? I've aready wired everything to the front of my car from the trunk and am desperate!

Thanks!
-DaViper

Some amps have speaker level inputs wich negate the need for a line output converter.

www.navone.com has some excellent converters.

They work very well when installed and tweaked correctly. Many argue that a factory radio with a LOC will produce better SQ then most aftermarket decks.

i currently have a line out converter that i spliced onto the stock wiring going to a sub amp...ive had it in there since late summer and its still working perfectly...i did try to splice the speaker level inputs to the wiring on the side of the car but that did not work for some reason so i had to use the line out converter...i dont remember the exact loc i got, but i do remember that i got it from best buy for under $20...

i love my LOC it has pots to adjust gain so I can set those high enough that my amp is set to an appropriate value and runs super cool :D

Great thanks everyone! It sounds like I line out converter will work great with my stock HU and sub/amp. I'm gonna go to tweeter this afternoon and see if I can get one there and have them install it (since I have absolutely no idea how to install one myself). It's pretty hard to install right? I would imagine it involves taking the rear speakers out of their wiring harness and putting them onto the front one....which looks very annoying and tricky to do. If they don't have them at tweeter I'll head over to Best Buy and look for one there. I'll let you all know how it turns out later!

Thanks for the help!
-DaViper

DaViper said:
Great thanks everyone! It sounds like I line out converter will work great with my stock HU and sub/amp. I'm gonna go to tweeter this afternoon and see if I can get one there and have them install it (since I have absolutely no idea how to install one myself). It's pretty hard to install right? I would imagine it involves taking the rear speakers out of their wiring harness and putting them onto the front one....which looks very annoying and tricky to do. If they don't have them at tweeter I'll head over to Best Buy and look for one there. I'll let you all know how it turns out later!

Thanks for the help!
-DaViper

It's like anything. If you've never done it before, you may be able to hack your way through it, but it's best left to a professional. Talk with your installer to make sure everything is put in the way you want it and have him give you an overview of how he is going to wire it up. Then you will learn a little bit and be able to troubleshoot your system if you have problems or want to do upgrades down the road. Just my .02

I kinda asked this in my other post (under another topic), but how do I know which wires connect to the loc's wires? I can't find any documentation on which wires are which for the stock mp5, I only found the infor for a mp3/msp on this forum...

Thanks!
-DaViper

thanks...wow I really feel stupid now...sorry about that dumb question...anyways, I installed it and it works great!

Thanks for the help!
-DaViper

Great...after I wired up my loc and it works great (cost me $26 for the loc) I found an extar wire for my Kicker kx400.1 amp that lets me use speaker inputs.....grrrrr what a lot of time I wasted! I'm not sure if I wanna bother re-wiring it all and get my $26 back or just leave it....

-DaViper

Back