Our '02 Pro5

Potvin

:
2002 Protege5
I was finally able to get some shots of our new car. 2002 Black Pro5. Haven't done much to it yet, only have had it for a week. We just got the tint done yesterday along with getting my amp and sub installed. My wife and I are very happy with it, plus we got a great deal on it. It's dirty I didn't get a chance to wash it today. Like I said it's nothing much, yet, but I had to show it off:D
pro531.jpg

pro521.jpg

Last edited:
Mmmmm. =) Nice choice! I have an '02 P5 in black mica, too. I'm not a car audio junkie, so I prefer not having the tweeters/sub, anyway, and IMO, the wheels from the first run of P5's looked better. Anyway, enjoy your P5, as I'm sure you will, and welcome to the board!

Thanks for the replies. My immediate plans are cai, exhaust. Hope fully for next spring or summer I would like to be able to get some 17's and lowering done. The more I hunt around this site I'll find more things I want to do to it.

Tinting??

Togan said:
i thought tinting the driver window was illegal (uhm)

Tinting depends on your province. Que and NB are notorious for it.

I have found that as long as you aren't doing something stupid, cops seem to leave you alone. Like they wont pull you over for tint, but if they have you for speeding, they will probably ask about the tinting.

Check this out if you think Black P5 will have problems...

Attachments

• mazda mp5t - (2).jpg
    mazda mp5t - (2).jpg
    33 KB · Views: 63
Re: Tinting??

Brian MP5T said:
Tinting depends on your province. Que and NB are notorious for it.

I have found that as long as you aren't doing something stupid, cops seem to leave you alone. Like they wont pull you over for tint, but if they have you for speeding, they will probably ask about the tinting.

Check this out if you think Black P5 will have problems...

ok THAT pic is HOLLY MUTHA TUCKER :eek: !!!!! i saw that pic somewhere else , dude that is one sick tinting.. well i live in BC, i heard it wasnt allowed here so i assumed it was same everywhere.....actually thats the kinda tint i want..isnt it called the "MIRROR" tint?

I've heard from a few people that I will be getting hassled from the cops for the tint and I've heard that it shouldn't be a problem. I decided what the hell and got the tint on the front. It's only 50% on the front and 20% everywhere else. I like it a lot, it makes it look a lot sportier. There is a Eclipse in my parkade that has every window tinted even his windsheild, he has had it this way for at least a year so I figured if he hasn't had to take it off I should be fine. Only time will tell if I get hassled, we'll see. That white Pro5 is sweet!!

CrAzY-P5 said:
i have a similar tint as the white protege.
so far, no problems with the cops

im gonna get the same tint style as well im just asking for the price right now :D

there is a guy at Beamriders in Surrey that has half mirror tint and half black tint on all his windows, makes the car look really different. I liked it but it was a lot more expensive, I can't remember what kind of car it was though.

Potvin said:
there is a guy at Beamriders in Surrey that has half mirror tint and half black tint on all his windows, makes the car look really different. I liked it but it was a lot more expensive, I can't remember what kind of car it was though.

oh ur from BC!!! woohoo!! ok so where in surrey is this place?

Beamriders address is 10635 King George Hwy right across the street from the Dell Hotel. Their phone # is 604-585-3635 if you want to call them. Where in B.C. are you from?

Re: Re: Tinting??

Togan said:
ok THAT pic is HOLLY MUTHA TUCKER :eek: !!!!! i saw that pic somewhere else , dude that is one sick tinting.. well i live in BC, i heard it wasnt allowed here so i assumed it was same everywhere.....actually thats the kinda tint i want..isnt it called the "MIRROR" tint?

The tint is a comercial tint used for buildings and offices.

It's dificult to find a car tinter hat will do it. You may have to Yellow Pages a office tinter to order the tint and bring it to someone. That ******* half/half tint drives my up the ******* wall.

Keep looking if you don't find it. It took me two weeks to find it.

Later

Potvin said:
What rims are those that are on the white P5? Those are the kind I am looking for.

Enki CDR-9 18" with 215/35/z18 Yokohama Parrda-Spec2

$2500.00 Cdn delivered Discount Tire Direct...

Back