Looking to buy an MSP which dealer is preferred?

MPREZYA

:
Galant VR4 1530/2000
Some of you may know me from www.nasioc.com (spicyMSP :p ).

I am currently in the market to get a new car and I would love to get an MSP in Titanium Grey (if not a mazda 6). My local dealer is Cush in Escondido which after searching I'm debating wether or not to deal with them and go to either Hine (heard decent things about) or Irvine Mazda.

I have the usual questions about any typical new car like any major problems or things to look out for, etc (I saw a clunk noise mentioned and the radio taking a nap)? I plan on using this car to hopefully get back into autoXing at the Q again as it's been a while since I haven't been able to get the GVR4 I currently have setup how I'd like.

I'm plenty familiar with turbo cars but any insight would be appreciated.
Rich

irvine mazda was okay.

I bought my p5 from them.

took it back in for the clutch chatter and the lighter not
working and they fixed both problems without any questions.

though like typical dealers they always try to get you to use
their services. lots of mail notices about estimated mileage
and recommended services. bah I do my own non warranty
service.

Yeah I'd prefer to do the basic stuff since that way I know it's getting done right. Irvine and Hine are the only local dealers who have the Titanium in stock hmmm.

DO NOT GET IT AT CUSH. I used to work there. Go to john hine. They have set prices, so you won't get screwed. Lets put it this way. While I worked at Cush I got a better deal at Hine then I did at Cush with the employee discount.

btw hine service is awesome. If you need service talk to alan smith. he'll take care of you.

That was almost telepathic as I was trying to post if you knew who I should talk to at Hine but something went screwy.

sigh, go to tustin mazda. they have a popcorn machine there! oh, they're service is good too. talk to Samuel. he'll hook you up. if he jokes around, just go along with him. you'll get a better price that way.

"shop smart, shop S-Mart" <-- movie?

Turbo Matty P said:
www.mazdasouth.com They have the lowest mazda prices in the country. Enjoy.

EDIT: $500 also can get nationwide delivery. Contact me for details.

Yeah I heard they were selling at $15,995 or something like that. I just don't know if I could handle flying out there to buy it and driving it back.

you dont have to. I'm from alabama and they said they could handle it all over the phone and fax UNLESS I was doing a trade in. There is a car corrier company I've used before that will deliver form CA to AL for about $500. This should be a great value for someone. If you can save $3K dollars by spending $500 and waiting two days would you?? Would you wait 2 days for $2500?? Be sure to call them before making any decisions.

yikes......be carefull....if you do anything contact your local dealers over the phone and tell them you have quotes in the $16K range and see what they'll do to earn your business. DONT GO TO ThE DEALERSHIP!! Once they set the hooks it's hard to walk away. Everything they do is designed to make you stay until they want you to leave........then the service department is deisgned to bend you over.

Trust me I know that. If they don't show me what I want in writing I walk plain and simple.
I'm in no rush to buy a car just would like to get a new one sometime.

The guys up at Valley Mazda up in San Luis Obispo are pretty good. Back when I was looking for one they were able to beat out the rest of the dealers down here.

Hmm.... I used to have a G-VR4 and a 3kgt-VR4... loved to rally that damn family car.

Call around, hine will tell you the price. They won't negotiate, thats why i really like that place.

btw louie, army of darkness.

good boy. who wants to post the next movie line? we can move this to the CA longest thread. ^_^

Well I got some quotes from Hine:
Out the door no negotiating it would be $20,043 (including all fees) for a 03.5 in any color.
They have a Spicy Orange with @6900mi that out the door would be $18,436. It is certified so I will get the remainder of the warranty for it as well. This is with no negotiation. Now my major question is would the $2k more for the 03.5 be worth it to go with the 03.

"Bueller.......Bueller....."

Better Off Dead?

"The hell you will. He's got a two-Day head-start on you, which is more than he needs. Brody's got friends in every town and village from here to the sudan. He speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom. He'll blend in. Disappear. You'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the Grail already."

Last edited:
The last crusade.

btw itll depend on which you prefer more. The 03 or the 03.5. Just remember mechanically they are the same.

Latest posts

Back