Black Emblems?

P5Owner

Does anyone here know if the dealer, or anyone for that matter, sells or makes black chrome emblems for a protege 5. If anyone here knows I would really appreciate it.

i dont think they make black chrome emblems... every emblem that ive seen that isnt the shiny chome has been modded by the owner...

i had my front emblem painted yellow to match the car.

I sprayed every chrome emblem on my black P5 with black Duplicolor truck bed liner from Wal Mart...Took less than 30 minutes for removal and spraying...let them dry and popped them back on...I had mine painted black but they chipped up really easily...the truck bed liner is much tougher against stones and debris, and looks rough and texturized....It is basically just that spray paint with grainy sand type stuff in it...I didn't use that Rhino liner stuff that is gooey...That duplicolor stuff sprays and dries like regular spray paint, but seems to be much more durable and thicker so far...

truck liner? why?
mine are black, i used rustoleum painters touch flat black and a clearcoat gave it a tad bit of gloss

Stealth5 said:
truck liner? why?
mine are black, i used rustoleum painters touch flat black and a clearcoat gave it a tad bit of gloss

I originally purchased it to spray the side moldings, make them look flat black (no gloss) and rough like European models...I didn't buy enough to do all of both moldings, so I just tried in on the emblems to see how it holds up...So far so good...I will get some pics of them today...Personally I like the off black more than the gloos look...In sunlight the paint I used before was much deeper black than factory black paint on the car...It didn't look natural, so I just used the truck liner since I had it...It is not glossy, so it doens't look like it was an attempt to color match the stock paint gone bad...

Back