Suggestions for Vinyl Graphic Design

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
well, like victor, i realize that you get no recognition at the show without some sort of graphics or bodykit to help your car stand out. otherwise it gets lost some how in the mess of other cars. i was looking for something red, relatively simple, and incorporating either familia or sport20 or both into the design. no ricey flames or s***. anyone got any pictures or feel like photoshopping let me know. i attached a pic if you want to photoshop something.

Attachments

• razorp5.jpg
    razorp5.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 804
well if you feel you HAVE to have graphics.. then why dont you take the sport 20 logo... keep it all in red ... so basically have a box and sport 20 written inside of it with the same font used in the logo.. and then put it diagnal across the rear of the car?

i dont feel i HAVE to have the graphics, but as far as shows, you kinda need something (bodykit, graphics, custom paint job). that decal seems a little odd. i was hoping for more of a graphic with something incorporated as opposed to something like that. it reminds me of this ford fuckus that drives around with a huge ford logo splattered halfway across the fender and hood. it looks ridiculous.

How about a reflective line with a gunmetal background like our buddy Travis did, hes wont be there for next year since he is planning on pimpin his P5 to the max.

Attachments

• gaugemagazine_texasheatwave_186.jpg
    gaugemagazine_texasheatwave_186.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 785
thats not too bad vic, i kinda like it. how could i incorporate the sport20 or familia sport 20 s*** into the rear of the design do you think? also, you have a pic of it with the doors shut so i could photoshop it to my car?

p - why arent you at work??? lol

well if you want to be different then why dont you find someone who can paint... and figure out a design and get it painted in a ghost color.... like a blue that at different angles fades out to a clearish white? that might look cool.. depending on the design

not interested in painting whatsoever. as much as i like my car, i dont want to be screwed if something came up that caused me to have to sell it or trade it in.

You can do a negative on the red therefore showing the sport 20 in gunmetal thru the red.

i will go in a couple of hours.

matthew. -=)
sport 20 stickers in stock places.. small disinigrating pin strip down the tops of the door.. your roll call down the left side of your windshierld.. pro mazda across the back bumper.. maybe a few lil knicks an nacks here an there.. i normally hate vinyl unless its a super show car like vics.. but i think something like that will match your car nicely.. very plain yet different.. an if u do the sport 20 it will stay true to your badge on the back.
also.. get a price from a shop out there.. and if u dont mind putting the stickers on your self.. i can prolly get u a hell of a deal from my buddy out here.. just let me know.
John

thanks john. so you agree with the pin stripe/line that vic posted, and then do a negative like he said revealing the sport20 logo in the back sides? im not sure yet about the roll call or the promazda, because i also belong to DFW and i dont want to leave anyone out. what logo should i use for the negative? (attach pic :D)

how hard is it to put the graphics on?

its pretty easy.. i helped my friend do his whole car.. took us all night because we did a wet install.. you basically get where u want the sticker wet.. so when you apply it.. you can move it around a little and adjust it.. out here we drink alot when we work on cars so it was the best way.. when we started out it looked awesome.. a cool pinstripe.. a roll call.. and that was it.. then i went to bed.. when i came out.. uGh.. vinyl over kill -=(.
oh wellyou kno what vinyl scheme i really like? there is a civic in the new access magazine.. very clean vinyl job.. check it out.. its got like a spaceship or something on the side.. its so ******* awesome.

It would be the original Sport20 badge logo. And I will highly suggest let the pros do it, since if you mess it up, you will end up paying for a new one yourself. If I'am not mistaken, TurboBunny owns a sign shop. I know that Travis paid 300 for his line, now remember his is reflective red, which is expensive. And 2 tone, do not recomend sticking the reflective on the paint as is extremely hard to remove. Thats why I recomend the gunmetal background.

dont put any kind of metallic vinyl directly on paint.. no prisma.. no reflecctive..for some reason its harder to get off.. also.. if u dont feel comfortable.. have them do it.. we are just cheap out here. -=)
i like vics idea.. the way i look at it.. i love the guys car.. so im pretty sure hes goin the right way.. deff use the sport 20 badge somewhere tho.. and if u really wanna kick ass an chew bubble gum.. get a jdm famila brochure.. an display it on your dash.. -=) oOOohh.. AahhHH. - =)
good luck matt.. BTW.. i loved the neon setup. -=)
vic.. i g0t the components in.. they rock..
PS..check out the new access magazine its all about civics.. uGh.. but their vinyl schemes are pretty good and they are all on si blue cars.. which is close to your color.. will give u an idea how certain colors sit on your car. -=)
cheers
John

s*** then its a no go. there is no one up here i trust, and i cant leave my car down there for days, unless you want to give me your piranamobile as a loaner.

mypfizzle said:
dont put any kind of metallic vinyl directly on paint.. no prisma.. no reflecctive..for some reason its harder to get off.. also.. if u dont feel comfortable.. have them do it.. we are just cheap out here. -=)
i like vics idea.. the way i look at it.. i love the guys car.. so im pretty sure hes goin the right way.. deff use the sport 20 badge somewhere tho.. and if u really wanna kick ass an chew bubble gum.. get a jdm famila brochure.. an display it on your dash.. -=) oOOohh.. AahhHH. - =)
good luck matt.. BTW.. i loved the neon setup. -=)
vic.. i g0t the components in.. they rock..
PS..check out the new access magazine its all about civics.. uGh.. but their vinyl schemes are pretty good and they are all on si blue cars.. which is close to your color.. will give u an idea how certain colors sit on your car. -=)
cheers
John

got a link? also, could i just get regular red instead of some reflective stuff? either way i would like to keep the gunmetal background.

btw, im not looking to purchase this right away, but maybe get some of the money together from a different source than my turbo fund for next car show season. just dont want anyone to think theyre wasting theyre time on this thread.

mypfizzle said:
just dont empty your turbo fund on stickers -=)

we criss crossed posts, i was thinking of trying to do it on a seperate fund (wink) with alternate funding :D

Here is another example

Attachments

• protege%205%20silver%203.jpg
    protege%205%20silver%203.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 111
i think i like the first one better. i take it this is coming from your database of pics?

Back