Question about 4th gear to 5th gear shift

Eric-BlackMSP

:
'03 Black Mica Mazdaspeed Protege
Has anyone noticed that when you redline in 4th gear that you can not shift into 5th? What is that?

I am going about 110 in 4th gear, at 6.5krpm 2 am on the mass pike, I try to shift into 5th gear and there is like a WALL. I can not shift into 5th no matter how hard I try. The clutch is down everything is right. It is just ineresting because I can shift into 5th at about 95, but defintely not anything above.

Any thoughts?

PS I only speed at wee hours of the morning to keep it as safe as possible :)

Eric

don't do the shift fast, if you take it slower the synchros will do their job and it'll work fine

I see, interesting I thought it was some sort of limiter since I might be going to fast.

So if I shift slower from 4 to 5 it should work? Kinda hard to do with the adreniline rush :) I'll give it a try sometime.

This means I might be able to keep up with my friends NA supra :). He left me because I couldn't get out of 4th lol.

Thanks

Eric

take driver's ed.

And use the search.

"The above is pure sarcasm, dont take it seriously."

Nag I'm a fairly decent driver, not the best by any standards, but alright. I dont stall or grind gears.

I didn't see much on the search, I will most likely try shifting slower see if that helps, I have been power shifting through 1 -4 so maybe thats it.

Thanks

Eric

:rolleyes:

Eric-BlackMSP said:
Nag I'm a fairly decent driver, not the best by any standards, but alright. I dont stall or grind gears.

I didn't see much on the search, I will most likely try shifting slower see if that helps, I have been power shifting through 1 -4 so maybe thats it.

Thanks

Eric

Back