Opening doors with doors locked?

Kizmet

:
2003 Mazda P5
Hey everyone,

I have had fords and my brother has a volvo. I just got my p5 and i have to say im pretty pissed off about having to unlock the doors to get out.

At least with the front doors the doors should become unlocked as you open the door.

Anyone know a mod for this?

Mitch

Kizmet said:

Anyone know a mod for this?

Mitch

1) Reach over using free hand
2) Pinch door lock tab near window
3) Pull tab upwards
4) Exit vehicle

OR

1) Extend pointer finger
2) Place finger on switch above armrest labeled "lock"
3) Depress switch
4) Exit vehicle

Hey your'e Cool :p

Just a question! no need to flame!

Its not a feature it's a security issue and something I was wondering if anyone knew a way to change it.

But thanks both of you for your great insight, ive learned so much posting here!

Kiz

there are 2 fixes
1. dont lock the dor when ur inside
2. take the door off

ooh and i have idea how to fix it im still testin my ideas

Kizmet said:
Hey your'e Cool :p

Just a question! no need to flame!

Its not a feature it's a security issue and something I was wondering if anyone knew a way to change it.

But thanks both of you for your great insight, ive learned so much posting here!

Kiz

Just wondering why you see this as a security issue? Are you worried about being in an accident and someone not being able to pull you out?

I know Fords do it and it is both annoying and a feature.

I agree, after you get used to cars unlocking just by pulling on the handle, this feature sucks. But yes, there are alarms that will do it. Likewise you could make something to unlock them when the ignition goes off, but tying it to the handle would be more trouble than it is worth. But, I'm with you, I wish they didn't work the way they do.

nothing like a kid accidentally flipping the door handle while it is supposed to be "locked" ;)

StuttersC said:
Just wondering why you see this as a security issue? Are you worried about being in an accident and someone not being able to pull you out?

TheMAN said:
nothing like a kid accidentally flipping the door handle while it is supposed to be "locked" ;)

No doubt...Child locks are a good thing.

StuttersC said:

I had a 88 Mercury Sable Wagon, that allowed me to exit when the doors were locked, on both passenger and driver side.

Mercury is Ford... My fathers 03 Taurus and King Ranch F150 dont stay locked on exiting :confused:

TSi90 said:
I had a 88 Mercury Sable Wagon, that allowed me to exit when the doors were locked, on both passenger and driver side.

Mercury is Ford... My fathers 03 Taurus and King Ranch F150 dont stay locked on exiting :confused:

The newer Crown Vic doesn't stay locked.

TheMAN said:
suure... only when you have a kid in the back seat

Or a bad guy going to jail...

It's funny, all you have to do is flick the little child lock switch and the jerk is stuck back there.

Well, as long as the cage is there that is.

Thanks for your help guys. Never thought about the alarm doing it. My brother's mustang has that fearture...as soon as you turn off the car the doors unlock.

thanks!

I had to pop the locks on a bosses' F150... she locked her keys in the truck only had enough room to hook the door handle b/c the lock pin was a PITA on that model.

It IS a nice feature... maybe you could get a wrecked door off a model that had this feature and see how it works. Then see if you can modify it to your P5? If not... actuators when the car is in park. However, it would not help those with MTX. :(

BTW, my current boss has an escape. I was car pooling with her and she has auto lock on her MTX ?? The rear doors do not open without you unlocking the door. However, the fronts do?

Yeah thats exactly what i am looking for. Locked in the back, the fronts unlock while opening.

Kiz

Back