New rear wing...

So im wondering what you guys think about this wing? I like the stock ones fine, but id rather have a more simple looking rear wing. I just want to basically have the same wing as the '03 without the fin things stickin out the side, and the support bar in the middle. Im looking into having someone make me one. Anyone else interested???

Heres what im talkin about...
(use your imagination)

need4speed.jpg

why not just get the 03.5 wing? its not exactly the same shape but its close

because thats not the kind of wing i want. the 3.5 goes out then up. i want one that looks a little more streamline. one that comes straight up, like what you see in the pic. kind of like the dodge srt, but not as high.

i wonder how much it would cost to fabricate something like this?

no need to fabricate..... them make universal ones that look just like that!!!!!!!!

personally i like the wing he has on there now better than the 03.5!!!!

i had a wing like that on my probe 3 yrs ago.... it gave me 5 horses...... jj....... the design he wants is no where near that high .... probally half........

find someone to mold off the edges of the wings, then mold off the center support, but theres a hole there so that means you will also have to have that filled, then the whole trunk lid painted

it might look pretty good, if its done right

I just think it's a lot of $$ just to make your unique wing look an Si wing or something that you'll see every 5 minutes.

I always tough the wing would look real nice like that NEED4SPEED, but Black Majik has a good point, it would look like all those SI wings and our wierd looking wing has kind of grown on me.

Need4Speed: THAT's AWESOME! That's exactly what I wanted to do to my stock wing. It's the only thing I don't like on the car. The 3rd support doesn't bother me as bad as the wing 'tips' that stick out on the ends but, getting rid of the support would clean it up a bit as well.

I've thought about removing it, filling the holes, repainting the trunk... or replacing it with a repainted Protege trunk from a junkyard...

Another option was going with the Protege ES wing.. which would be fairly conservative but sporty looking.

The stock wing must weigh close to or more than 10 lbs. I'd like to shave it the way you have in your original photo. I just didn't know if anyone could actually do that and make it look right.

Black Majik MSP said:
I just think it's a lot of $$ just to make your unique wing look an Si wing or something that you'll see every 5 minutes.

Also, it would look less like a Japanese temple and more like a spoiler... to each his own....

I think you should either enjoy a wing that you won't see on any other car (besides an MP3) or go wingless if you really want a clean look. The only reason I'd ever run an ES wing is if I took off my body kit & turned my car into an ES sleeper.

I guess I'm just thinking of what I'd like for the car and not whether other people have a wing that looks similar or different than mine..... I'd like it to fit the lines of the car better.

This is what I see on the back of my car:
971_2.jpg

Back