computer help!!!

PaulMP3

Contributor
:
Turbo MP3 #222, 00 Silverado Z71
latley my computer has been getting slammed with pop ups, and some are downloading onto my computer.. I might have a virus, or i just need a pop up blocker. I can leave my computer on because it fills up my screen with pop ups. I dont know much about computers, somebody wanna help me out??

In these wonderful days of technology, you can basically get anything for free. If you want, no spam, no pop up adds, and no trojans or anything else. First some how download or buy a program called SPYSWEEPER, what it does is scans your computer for spam, and spyware installed on your computer. If you have Imesh or Kazaa, or bearshare etc etc, you will have a lot of pop ups as well. Then get Nortons Internet Security 2003 (it comes with antivirus.) This is very user friendly, and is probably 1 of the greatest firewalls out thier. You can even track the person that just tried to hack you. I mean literally track what city and what state they are in. I would not suggest BlackIce or Lockdown 2003 if you are not familiar with computers. Oh and maybe microsoft baseline security. Nortons has a intergrated spam and pop up add filter, personally i think it is much better then the Adware, or addsubtract, or anything on the market.

And the wonderful thing of it all is if your not afraid too, you can download all of this off of like a Bearshare or any peer2peer search engine. If you where to buy:
NIS2003 $150
Spysweeper $30
Blackice $200
Lockdown 2003 $150
Microsoft baseline Security: Free

i hate pop ups too, they're mainly cause of spywares, i sometimes research about lil downloadable programs that delete these annoying stuff, they even fill ur registry too!

do this IMMEDIATELY: go to download.com

search and download "Ad-aware 6.0" might be a higher version available..its a freeware, so no timeouts, or trials or limits.

Deep scan ur registry and hard disk and delete everything that shows come as a result. Repeat this every once in a while or just before u shutdown ur computer at night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now also download this freeware called "SpyBot" from download.com, this baby is "born" is deep scan only registry so it may find what ad-aware has skipped or not recognized. Do the scan everytime after u use ad-aware.

*** Dont forget to check for updates for both programs before you scan!!!!!***

hope that helps,.cheers,

There is a great program called System Mechanic 3.7, it cleans your registery and it takes care of all spyware as well, its very cheap and a awesome utility, I use it on a weekly basis.

Back