Mazdaspeed Miata

1.jpg

I like I like! ! !

I like it to. If only I could get that engine in my '91. Also from what i can see those Racing Harts and two-tone red/black seats.

Geo212 said:
I like it to. If only I could get that engine in my '91. Also from what i can see those Racing Harts and two-tone red/black seats.

The engine would drop right in. I doubt it's that dissimilar to any other 1.8L conversion that folks have completed. However, you must remember the wiring and other associated connections.

I wonder if the mazdaspeed miata will have the dreaded hesitation problem like the mazdaspeed protege has.

STLBLKMSP said:
I wonder if the mazdaspeed miata will have the dreaded hesitation problem like the mazdaspeed protege has.

THAT IS TOO DAMN FUNNY!
But it does kinda make ya wonder?
Matt;)

won't know that until they get here...

has anyone heard yet wether it's a 5spd or a 6 spd? I kow the ratios are revised, I just don't know how many of them are are? :D

the bp engine is teh win...and it is much much much better suited to turbo chargin :) and there have been turbo bp's for 13+years with no hesitation...must be a better engine ;)

I hope the MSMX5 isn't priced much more than a regular miata - for 180hp, the price had better be less than about $6K more than a normal miata. I've seen plenty of 200-220 WHEEL HP 2002+ Miatas with a clutch + FMII system.

yeah, 180 is a weak miata. They got away with making a weak 170 hp with the protege, but it was a guess at how much the engine could take. But, with the miata, there are tons of them out there with far more hp then 180, and plenty reliable.

I don't care how much it is, 178 is too conservative, and match the conservative looks....and it's boring. Imho, their already asking too much for a stock miata as it is. Anything more is laughable.

Darin you beat me to it, FM has made far more strides in turbocharging these cars than Mazda has set sights for. Ken Hill's personal Miata makes over 250 wheel hp on his 91 with the addition of just stronger rods to the motor.

and for the record, re: price...

back a few years ago, while shopping for a miata, the local mazda dealers were pricing new miatas around $28K.

:(

decent 94 or 95 miata = $4000
FM 2 kit and 12 psi = $5000
beating the pants off of a new mazdaspeed miata in a nine year old car = priceless

ZoomZoomH said:
which 1.8 in the Protege are you talking about, the FP-DE in the 99-00 Protege, or the 1.8 in 98 an earlier Proteges?

im pretty sure he means the earlier proteges. the FP-DE is a de-stroked FS-DE.

Back