Slowly walked by an unmarked RSX?

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
Look at my sig, and don't let the list fool you. I've got some tuning to do.:laughing: Now that this is out of the way, I am running 8 PSI on a FMU for my fuel management. I am definietely being held back by raw methods of fuel delivery. Anyway, here is the story...

I was getting on Hyw 360 in South Arlington to go north, and I notice this Beige RSX cut around someone to get up on me. I'm like, ok, I'll play. As they go to go around me, I slowly nail it to let my fuel pressure and boost come one together so my J&S won't go off (damn FMU :mad: ). I hit full boost, and start falling off. As this happens, I notice that around 100 MPH, I'm hitting a flat spot, and I see the Red LED's of my J&S knock monitor telling me that 2 cylinders are being retard like 2 & 4 degrees. ****! I hear the unmistakable drone of the better cam profile as the RSX starts to slowly pass by. He had no badges whatsoever. It was right then and there that I realized I need to redouble my efforts to get this damn Stand Alone I have installed really soon. At 8 PSI, I should not have been beaten like that at all. At 8 PSI I should have at least 220 WHP if I was properly tuned.

The guy slows down with this satisfactory smirk. I ask him if he's on the CLUBRSX.COM forum, and he says no. I tell him to go out there. I give him props, and he moves so traffic can go by. I wonder if I was owned by Hondata? (shrug)

Last edited:
If you look at the "vs RSX" thread, you'll see 2 friends of mine that both have Hondata & are running high 13s.

There are also a few turbo kits out there for the RSX, could have had one of those(uhm)

wow. props to you for being able to say you got beat.

having said that, you WILL prevail after tuning!! (thumb)

Vtec man....for some reason they always seem to come out on top. :rolleyes: I mean, s***....they're the ones that started the import tuning industry! (headshake

mazdamp3_18 said:
he must have had some mods.... the rsx has only 160-170whp stock...

Hmm a ~2800 lb MSP with ~150 WHP
AND A
~2800 lb RSX with ~160-170 WHP

Stock this seems somewhat close with a RSX pulling on the highway.

But any kind of curves and the RSX is in trouble.

Wow a MSP somewhat modifed with say about ~200 WHP...that would be a great car for what it is at less than 20 K!!!! :eek: :)

Back