Friday Night Racing Thread......

MoJoeTCM

:
Mazda, MSP Protege
Ok, i know that friday night for Columbus, Ga is probably the most hype time of the week. I can truly say tonight that my car has been spanked....badly. Usually if i lose by about a car i just say i wasn't driving good but damn.....ok so i pull up behind this yellow 5.0.....the *** had a 331 with a supercharger in that b****....:wtf: We drove on the highway and cruised at about 80 and i swear on my grave that one day i will be sleeping in. The guy went from 80 to one hundred in about one second. (shocked)It was literally a 10 car lead after about a second or so.....I have never seen a car move like that, not even a supra, maybe if it spools up and runs....but not so fast and sudden... (bowdown)so if you come to columbus and see a yellow 5.0 that has the license plate PNKSLIP on it from AL don't race it. On the good side of things though i beat a DSM Talon fwd turbo and a b-16 Type R Integra.(owned) Both close races but anything under 100 mph against those cars we can spank....So does anyone have any stories about their cars on friday night?:D (friday)

A type R has gotten a really big head around the import scene. I think of it as a Barry Bonds of the import world. VERY OVER RATED!!! A type R can be beat very easily. I have a stock ass B16, keep in mind it's an 89 motor in a 91 CRX, and can pull a car or more on a type R with i/h/e. Just little info and opinion on a type R. The R is no match for my Speed, neither is an RSX Type S...Later,

i hope you mean a real type r and not a si with type r badges...and what mods do you have since the type r is no match for you're msp?

man you guyz dont kn0... the hype r iz tite yo

lol.. (lol2) haha we have a lot of smilies here..

Ok let me set the record straight on the type r. Ok my buddy has a type r with these mods: JE pistons Ported polished head, JDM header, Fuel pressure regulater and pump, full exhaust with high flow cat, stage 4 clutch, falken drag tires 15s that is. timing advanced to 18, and no interior he ran a 14.5 in the 1/4. and a 9.55 in the 1/8th. We have raced many times and im on 10 psi. he beats my ass on the street from 40 mph, however on the track he beats me by a **** hair. Maybe we have raced 10 times i beat him 1 time out of ten. This car is not stock and you can see my mods below. Ive driven his car the difference is this the trans in the type r is much different than the MSP. they have real LSD trans we have one that works sometimes. The gears are higher so the pull harder 2nd gear goes up to i think almost 70 mph when i drove his car at the track i just hit 3rd in the 1/8th in mine its in 3rd when i cross the line. So im saying we can beat a type r if its stock i know it for sure. But one with mods its gonna be very close race trust me we race everyday coming home from work......

i got straight up BEAT by a very nice looking acura rsx... i have a thing for those cars, so i just had to try. he was rolling from the light though and was gone instantly.

I pulled up next to a nice looking rsx type s at a light. I told him it looked really good he had an exhuast and tint nothing else I think, but he had to be a moron and start talking trash about the msp so I rolled up the window and we both took off. Never got up to the start of my back door even past 100mph. When we pulled up to the next light I rolled down my window again and he wouldn't make eye contact. Oh I'm bone stock by the way.

Last edited:
I hate the fact that everyone and their brother drives a Honda with a fart can on the back of it. I love to see their face after they've been owned. Even with my mods I can beat most of the Vtech Accords and Civics that have tried to race me. My Girlfriend has a two door '02 Accord SE with a Vtech and I kick her cars butt all over the road.

Last edited:
hellcat said:
I hate the fact that everyone and their brother drives a Honda with a fart can on the back of it. I love to see their face after they've been owned. Even with my mods I can beat most of the Vtech Accords and Civics that have tried to race me. My Girlfriend has a two door '02 Accord SE with a Vtech and I kick her cars butt all over the road.

You wont ever see their faces cause they will never look at you again after getting spanked. (spank) (spank) (spank) (spank) However I do have respect for s2000's and preludes, mainly cause I like the s2000's and I had a prelude. Preludes are great stock and even better modded. I had a non vtech prelude and I still loved it. 1992 (missed the damn vtech by 1 year) but I drove a 2000 prelude when looking for a new car. 200 hp and 160 torque I believe it's been quite a while since I've gotten out of the prelude vase so they might have a little more torque no less than 160 though. Thing was awsome. I keep hoping to pull up next to one, I'm extremely curious to compare it to my msp.

Last edited:
chrisjw85 said:
You wont ever see their faces cause they will never look at you again after getting spanked. (spank) (spank) (spank) (spank) However I do have respect for s2000's and preludes, mainly cause I like the s2000's and I had a prelude. Preludes are great stock and even better modded. I had a non vtech prelude and I still loved it. 1992 (missed the damn vtech by 1 year) but I drove a 2000 prelude when looking for a new car. 200 hp and 160 torque I believe it's been quite a while since I've gotten out of the prelude vase so they might have a little more torque no less than 160 though. Thing was awsome. I keep hoping to pull up next to one, I'm extremely curious to compare it to my msp.

My friend had his 95 Accord stolen recentely and he is looking at a v-tech prelude as a replacement, so if he gets one, we'll race and I'll let you know how it goes! I'm bone stock by the way.

ZMN BY U........There is something seriously wrong with yur friends car then. To give you some numbers from my part of town, friend of mine has a stock ass Type R, just baught it a few months back and his first time at the track with it ran a 14.7 in the 1320. Another number to crunch, I just baught a stock 94 LS Integra motor from my cousin that ran 9.3 in the 1/8th. Running my MSP in the 1/8th I would just be shifting into 3rd as I cross the finish line. If I wanted to dog the hell outa the end of 2nd, I could make it across the finish line in 2nd. Is your friends car tuned at all? VAFC? SAFC? Hit me back with some more info...Later,

My friend had his 95 Accord stolen recentely and he is looking at a v-tech prelude as a replacement, so if he gets one, we'll race and I'll let you know how it goes! I'm bone stock by the way. [/QUOTE]

Cool, I would like to hear all about the outcome. I'm sure your MSP will win.

Back