Ractive Header Pics

blackp5ca

I'm sure we dont need a new thread for this but just incase anyone isnt following the other thread (OBX Header)
Ractive header...MT101, price was $219 usd...was shipped in one day...so I guess they are ready to go!
Pics here. (second page of the "Protege5"directory.
http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/blackp5ca

I'm in Canada, might make a difference since Toucan is up here Not 100% sure if it's available inthe US yet?.
Bought it through Unauthorized Performance (1-519-453-6912)

after reading this i called toucan in florida and they said it is still not available. wtf???? i could do a nice gb on these if i could just get them. i could do better than 219.

By the looks of the header it looks like it does leave the second cat in place. I wonder what it would sound like????

p5sundevil, i will need help with the gb because i have never done one before. i am trying to get hold of the regional manager for toucan of my area to see what the deal is. ill keep you all posted

KYMP5 said:
p5sundevil, i will need help with the gb because i have never done one before. i am trying to get hold of the regional manager for toucan of my area to see what the deal is. ill keep you all posted

or you could just contact Canada dealer to set up GB for us.

When do you plan to install your header? Let us know if you run into any fitment issues or CEL.

blackp5ca said:
I'm sure we dont need a new thread for this but just incase anyone isnt following the other thread (OBX Header)
Ractive header...MT101, price was $219 usd...was shipped in one day...so I guess they are ready to go!
Pics here. (second page of the "Protege5"directory.
http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/blackp5ca

two words... oh dang.

ok, now i'm going to blabber. due, that thing looks sweet! so we get this and a mid pipe and we're golden, right?

I thought a mid-pipe was more ideal for turbo. and that you'd lose a lot of low end with it. Is that true?

tonkabui said:
two words... oh dang.

ok, now i'm going to blabber. due, that thing looks sweet! so we get this and a mid pipe and we're golden, right?

hmm... i'm gonna look into that. i'm sure opening up piping to 2.25" will make a NA motor lose tons of backpressure and will make you lose bottom end torque... but then again, your gains up top will be out of control. i guess it's all what you're looking for.

got of the phone with the canada office. they have a few more available. the rest are on the way to the florida office. obiously florida doesnt know it yet. anyway they are kind of keeping them on the dl bevcause it requires modifying the o2 sensor placement. around december they are supposed to have a full cat back for our system that has the new o2 placement in it. this is what the guy in canada told me.
i got the pricing and once the headers are available to me i will have some great prices for you all. i will need to know how many people are interested so i know how many to order. maybe we should get a list going. or two lists. one for the header and one for the cat back. i dont know the price on it yet.

oh yea, he said the piping would be bigger on the catback but did not know the exact diameter

a couple questions (I would PM but I figure a couple of others might have the same questions):

what size piping does the header have?
any guesses on gains over stock? (guesses I know its tough to estimate)
what modifications could be necessary to get this to work?
second part of above ? is can it be put back to stock?

k, i think that's all i've got for now...
mark me as interested in the header. thanx again ky.

Back