HOW TO make you're dome light red...for free

eting_pro5

:
'03 Pro5
HOW TO make your dome light red...for free

obtain brake light tape from your friend or neighbor who is a bad driver at one point in their life had to purchase the tape.

remove the cover on your dome light, if you can't figure this out, sell your car.

place strips of tape on the inside of the cover, try not to overlap.

yay for free mods.

Last edited:
i dont have any friends that happen to have red brake tape.

thus its not free.

DANGIT! :mad:

why do this mod in the first place?....... unless you and your g/f plan on folding down the back seats and putting in a barry white cd... :D

seakrait said:
why do this mod in the first place?....... unless you and your g/f plan on folding down the back seats and putting in a barry white cd... :D

(lol) But it does sound like a good idea, you know....setting the mood and all :D .

if that is your plan then use some other color than red. Red causes your brain to be more hostile, theus not helping create the mood. Blue or Green would be more along the lines..

Kinda cheesy...

I'd imagine doing that would not look as good as getting actual red bulbs.

what happens when you need your light, but you can't see s*** because you have a red dome light.

Padanky said:
what happens when you need your light, but you can't see s*** because you have a red dome light.

Well I don't know about other models, but my 2003.5 MSP has 3 different lights in the dome light housing. One cones on when you open the door (if it's set like that, I think that is the actual dome light) and the other two are on a manual switch (map lights).

Re: HOW TO make your dome light red...for free

eting_pro5 said:
obtain brake light tape from your friend or neighbor who is a bad driver at one point in their life had to purchase the tape.

remove the cover on your dome light, if you can't figure this out, sell your car.

place strips of tape on the inside of the cover, try not to overlap.

yay for free mods.

would u have a pic of this done ?

SonicRacer said:
Well I don't know about other models, but my 2003.5 MSP has 3 different lights in the dome light housing. One cones on when you open the door (if it's set like that, I think that is the actual dome light) and the other two are on a manual switch (map lights).

Same as the P5,

Eting_Pro5 what do you drive, P5? I noticed the Mazda III sig just wondering. If Mazda III, do they have a different dome light set-up?

I had the red light mod a while ago.. now i have the super white dome and map lights. I made my red light a different way.

1. go to autozone and steal one of those red dome light condoms you slip over the bulb.
2. take out the buld and put on the red cover.
3. enjoy knowing you stole something from the ricer store!

SonicRacer said:
So why would that be of concern when you know there is multiple lights there? :confused:

i don't think he specified if he was making the whole light red or just one bulb.

change only the dome light, the pro5 has two map lights that i left clear.

i drive a pro5, i'm just pumped about the three, and i don't have any pics of my car to photoshop....the 3 pics i jacked from the internet

oh yeah, and as to "why would you do this?" it's free, easy, and can be undone in seconds....think of it as a poor man's neon, even though i never drive with it on. oh yeah, and the ladies do love it. even if red does make them hostile, nothing wrong with gettin a lil aggressive

i might be able to get some pics up for you this weekend, the red looks really cool reflecting off of the silver dash trim

Back