Keyless Entry...

Hi All!

The P5s come with keyless entry. The dealer told me that, not only is it keyless entry but supposedly it acts somewhat like an alarm in the sense that if somebody tries to break the lock or start the car without the keys, the horn will start beeping. (much like when you hit the panic switch) Personally I think it's BS but I was wondering if anybody else heard or experienced this.

Thanks!

-dave

ps I do not have the factory installed alarm system with perimeter sensor etc.

This is exactly the opposite of what the dealership here told me. They said that even though keyless entry does act and look like a car alarm, it isn't. They said that it does not trigger when the car is forcable entered (ie smashed window) or started without the keys. Now I'd take this with a grain of salt as well, cause they may have been doing a song and dance to get me to buy the security system.

Around here though, there's a REALLY low crime rate compared to the rest of North America, so I didn't go for the security system.

I would not recommend buying the alarm from Mazda. The dealer installed alarm is not that good. I would recommend going to a local shop to get an alarm.

I agree with Mr. Joel... I had an alarm installed at my local car audio shop and it's great. Got a viper - it beeps once when it locks, twice when it unlocks, but the cool thing is that it beeps four times when I unlock it if the alarm went off while I was away. That tells me to give my car a good once over before I hop in just to check if anyone hit it, etc. Plus, because I've never had it beep four times (knock on wood) I have the piece of mind from knowing that my "baby" is okay!;)

i did not install the dealership alarm ... i think i don't need it..cause actually after you park and you won't hear they sire..so i don't need it....the dealership told me that the keyless entry system has nothing to do with the alarm system..that's why they have to charge you more in order to get that...but i think the alarm system is no use...
and the concept of keyless entry is open door with remote and you have to press the panic button to sire the car..but i never use it before..hehee....

Here's the scope..The factory alarm operates from your existing keyless entry remote. Opening any entrance way will sound the vehicles horn & flashes the parking lights. There's a red led inside like most aftermarket systems. The alarm disables the starter if triggered.There's also a factory shock sensor which you can adjust for sensitivity

yeah...the keyless is different from the actual factory alarm...the keyless basically just unlocks your doors...if you have the alarm they install a kill switch that kills the ignition when armed...i got talked into buying the alarm because the dealership i went to will give me $3k on top of whatever my insurance gives me if my car is stolen...the only annoying park about the factory alarm that i've found is that if i press the door lock (not the remote...actually on the door) without the ignition being on the alarm is armed...then when i open the door the alarm goes off...and i have to scramble to find my keys...

Back