P5 beats MSP!!!!!

Midnight22

:
'03 Mazda Protege5, 94 Jeep Wrangler
hahaha, yeah i beat a MSP!!!! and im stock!!!

actually, i know this is gonna rile some people, but i just wanna get ur attention, i went to capital raceway last night and found a yellow MSP over there, a 2003.5, he had the newer front end, he was running 17's?? (wtf), i was running 16.7's, now b4 everyone goes off on me, i know hes supposed to run low 15's or something? correct me if im wrong, but either he dosnt know how to shift right, or somethings wrong with his car... BTW he ran at least 2 17's out of 3 runs didnt see the third, i was freezin my ass off

whats up with this, i've seen stock msp's that was with run low 16's (first time racing) wtf??

lol, thats what im figuring, but im actually kinda depressed that i beat an MSP, but i figure might as well be happy cuz itz the only one i'll ever beat...

[sarcasm]

i'm gonna have to call bulls***. even if the guy misshifts every gear, the speed will still crush your car. i mean, come on, it's a speed. those things are oober fast. even completely stock, those cars can beat anything, let alone a lowly p5. you are liar to me!

[/sarcasm]

Maybe he was mis-shifting, launching wrong, & shifting too early. If ALL 3 of those things happened, maybe I could understand. Anyway, I'm heading out to the track for the 1st time tonight, so we'll see how I do. I've raced before, but never this car & never a 5spd. It should be interesting & a lot of fun!

man, strong words.... looks like it's already heading to the dumpster section already.... :(

tonkabui said:
[sarcasm]

i'm gonna have to call bulls***. even if the guy misshifts every gear, the speed will still crush your car. i mean, come on, it's a speed. those things are oober fast. even completely stock, those cars can beat anything, let alone a lowly p5. you are liar to me!

[/sarcasm]

tonkabui- (lol)

Black Majik MSP- thats what im thinking happened, cuz he starts off slow and cruises down the track, im like wtf!! hey, have fun tonight, itz my second time and itz fun and addicting as hell, i drop at 3000ish so i dun wheel hop tho it might be diff for u, but itz a startin place... g'luck!

lol, probably, less he dosnt shift right again, then... ;)

seriously, i respect the MSP alot, it has tons of potential, just if ur gonna buy the car, learn to drive the damn thing, lol

Matthew said:
the msp can beat an rx8 and 350z and supras and mcclaren f1s

dont' forget the Ferrari Enzo's...I've know the MSPs smoke the Enzo on ANY ROAD COURSE!!!! Bring it on, Cheesefrog...I got an MSP!! LOL!!

it's funny that MSP owners are supposed to have the "attitude" yet here we have yet another thread like this started by P5 owners.

hmmmm, same engine as a p5, but has a turbo....hmmmm, which one should be faster I wonder????

Boy couldn't drive. Simple as that, or the car is ******. Seen this 1000 times. Heck, I've taken advantage of such drivers myself.

newf- wasnt flaming just commenting, a question to msp owners about a particular msp, thats all

Geez, newf Calm down.

Midnight, yeah definately a bad driver. Got to love those people. Like 16 second camaro SS's, 15 second LINGENFELTER 'Vette's.
Also, good times-16.7!? what were the rest of the time...60ft..mph? I ran 17.45 with mine-though it was much warmer.

In the MSP's defense....FWD's are difficult to launch, add a turbo and it's gonna be tough. Of course I've also seen people that won't run the car hard either-which is kinda goofy at the track.

--------------run 1------run2------run3

r/t:---------1.130------.720------1.128
60':--------2.364-----2.406------2.341
330:-------6.941-----7.042------6.942
1/8:------10.736----10.869-----10.753
MPH:------64.73------64.26------64.60
1000:----13.993----14.152-----14.020
1/4:------16.771----16.948-----16.797
MPH:------81.17------80.53------81.13

it was 53 degrees, i did it last sunday when it was 73 and i was running 16.9's

Last edited:
Wow-much faster than me. Which track was this? Capitol? My 60's weren't that good. Your car is bone stock? I think it was in the high 80's-90's when I ran mine at 75-80. That was august 15.

yes it was at capitol, bone stock excpet that i took off the roof rack, but not the rails, and took out the first part of the intake, that plastic crap thats on the front of the car covering the heatshield, but that should be detrimental if anything cuz it would only suck in hot engine air, but i wouldnt know... othern that yup stock

Yeah, I had been thinking of removing that stupid intake pipe that sits right on the rad. I'm thiking that would make a huge difference in performance. Been wanting an Injen, but too much $$ for now. I've noticed a huge difference in the performance just with the temps under 60*.

Back