Mobil 1 Horseshit

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
I just changed my oil with 5w30 Mobil 1 and a STP oil filter. Whoever said that Mobil 1 synthetic oil improves performance noticably, is smoking serious amounts of crack cocaine. the only difference you may notice is the fact that your car needed an oil change and wasnt running all that great, then you put in fresh oil.

Also, anyone who lists Mobil 1 as a "mod" maybe in worse shape in the drug arena than the people that claim it improves performance.

Just my 2 cents.

oh yea, and btw i had the 11.88 walmart special oil in there the first time...the only reason i switched was to hopefully extend engine life. im not doubting that, and also you may get better milage, im just arguing that as far as performance, that part is horseshit.

(thumb)You'll get the biggest HP gains if you also use a K&N oil filter. :eek:

yeah, i switched from regular oil to Royal Purple yesterday, and i took her out, and noticed nothing different, exept i think the engine heats up faster, but that's it. I might get better gas milage, but i dont' know as of yet.

You will have less friction and possibly better gas milage, but anyone who thinks that synth will give you more performance is way high.

I like mobile one but not for "more power". Synth has higher heat tolerances than regular motor oil. My turbo likes to have oil

AnthonyO3 said:
So what is the best oil out there?

That's all an opinion basis. That's kinda liek askign what the best car is, you'll have 100 different responces. Though the best oil is ususally synthetic based, and comes from a reputable company. I would say Mobil 1, Castrol, Royal Purple, Redline, and that's about all i can think of right now.

ATLskate said:
I would say Mobil 1, Castrol, Royal Purple, Redline, and that's about all i can think of right now.

Don't forget AmsOil, that's what I use.

Mobil 1 is good oil...It's worth the money.

If it's good enough for Porsche to use exlcusivley, then it's great for my Protege...:p

if you are listing your oil in your mod list you are trying to stretch things out.. that likes listing your ******* badging as a mod..
its better for the life of the motor matt and over time will show less breakdown in the motor.. thats it.. if yo uwant horsepower.. buy your nos kit -=)

keep savin for a turbo, nos is only fun sometimes. boost is always fun.

mypfizzle said:
its better for the life of the motor matt and over time will show less breakdown in the motor.. thats it.. if yo uwant horsepower.. buy your nos kit -=)

The nos kit is sure to negate any gains in Motor life provided by synthetic oil.

StuttersC said:
Mobil 1 is good oil...It's worth the money.

If it's good enough for Porsche to use exlcusivley, then it's great for my Protege...:p

my lawn mower only takes Mobil 1.
and i aslo put in my car 10w30

Back