Seat wear

bloomer

Has anyone had problems with their driver seat getting woren out. At 5000 miles i had the driver seat replaced on warranty because of premature ware. The fabric was getting all F****d where my right rear pocket rubbed, and no i dont wear pants/shorts with velcro pockets

no problem with my seat, but the faux suede on my door panel is starting to wear down thanks to me setting my arm on it all the time to let it hang out the window.. :(

i'm at 7500 miles.

Get seat covers... that way, when you decide to sell the car (if you ever do), you will be able to take the covers off, and reveal perfectly maintained, and unstained, seats to whoever will purchase the car.

i was thinkin maybe it was ur wallet also...i usually take it outa my back pocket cause its just unconfortable to sit on

I tried some of those things..i rarely have my wallet in my back pocket..and i also thought about seat covers...but with seat covers, how do the side airbags get out???

My rear seats are getting bad from the baby seats. Driver's seat is OK-but it's getting an indent from my wallet. I usually take it out of my pocket. Though the floormats wore out in 4,000 miles. Pedals are getting bad also. I'm at 11,200 miles in <4 months.

bloomer said:
I tried some of those things..i rarely have my wallet in my back pocket..and i also thought about seat covers...but with seat covers, how do the side airbags get out???
My seat did start getting frayed very early on right where my right back pocket sits.
It depends what seat cover you get. If it's a cheapo one from Autozone, then no, if it's a custom one made by wet okole (an eg.) then they'll make it so the airbag can escape.

Premature Driver Seat Wear on Mazda MX5

I totally agree. I had wear on the left hand side of the drivers seat which Mazda sent me a $500 bill for repair after I turned the car in after a 24 month lease. I don't feel that it's excessive though. It just looks a little worn but in a very small area the size of an inch. I have a Hummer and I think as long as its smaller than 1 inch it's OK. I know because GM sent me a card to test for excessive wear. I have complained to Mazda about this and we will see. The problem is not due to my wallet because my wallet is on the right side and the wear is on the left. The problem is when I get in the car there is not enough room and my pants brush against the seat when I get in the car. This must happen to everyone with a MX5 because there just isn't enough room to get in the car without brushing the left hand drivers seat. I hope more people will leave feedback so Mazda will give me my $500 back.

um, wow, quite a thread bump.

I don't think after 5 years, you'll see your $500

Back