Votes: 13 20.3%
  • 2004 SRT/4

Votes: 22 34.4%

• Total voters

1sty

Contributor
:
2006 Toyota Tundra DC
I have been thinking of selling the MP3 again.
I have the turbo 100% sorted out now and have a few interior panels to fix then its ready to go.
I took it for a 2 hour drive the other day just to think but didn't make any progress.
The bad thing is I am paying $400/month for this car because of the bad APRs back then and I took a $2500 hit on my MX-6. I could take the same amount in a loan today and pay $50 less a month!

I have been cosidering a few different replacements.
I want something to tune up but less tuning is better. I also want something decently reliable but fun to drive and will not limit my wants in the future.

1. 93 RX-7.
Pro's
- It looks like I want
- has good power
- Has a big aftermarket and tuner fallowing.
- One of the best no nonsense sports cars ever.
Con's
- No warrenty
- Is well known as unreliable
- Hard to raionalize spending 16+ for a ten year old car.

2. 2003 Mustang Mach 1
Pro's
- It looks like I want
- It has the power I want
- Its new and in warrenty
Con's
- 28,000 price tag, although I have a feeling I can get it for less then $25000.
- Insurance through the roof. buying form a dealer they will demand insurance be on it before I can even drive off the lot.

3. 2000 BMW 328
Pro's
- BMW quality
- Enhance's the pimp hand
- Looks great
Cons
- almost out of warrenty
- not exatly fast.
- Expensive to fix anything!
- retail value will hold up well

4. 2004 SRT/4 (yes I said it so suck me! :p)
Pro
- Low price
- Has warrenty
- As fast as I need it stock.
- Can be made to handle and look better
- 160 amp alternator!!! (It is me after all (laugh))
Cons'
- Dodge reliabilty
- Seems the camero "Boy racer" image transplanted to this car.

Last edited:
It's a tough one between the srt-4 and the 328, if you want speed then the srt is the way to go. On the other hand, the 328 is a BMW wich is a very strong selling point in my book (I'm a bimmer *****) but it's not fast, I asume it's used and it will probably cost an arm and a leg to fix anything.

I think you should go with the srt-4, besides, how can you refuse that 120amp alt? :D .

you said it yourself though..you'll look like a camaro boy racer :)

unwrittenLaw said:
you said it yourself though..you'll look like a camaro boy racer :)

I finaly saw the drive of one yestureday, what a fucktard!
black adidas hat cocked 20 degress side ways and he was basicly sitting up by the wheel so he could watch for anyone coming up behind him and dare pass him. I wanted to run the P5 head first into the assclown!That being said, even on our board there are a few members that have them and are cool s*** so I don't hold retard drivers against the car! I hold them agains the wall as I am beating the hell out of them :D

yeah i know what you mean..i've seen that type of guy too...i kinda feel sorry for them...so misguided..

The whole attidude of racing anything anytime on the street is simply retarded. Form the SRt boards I have been watching, all you see is 300 post a day about what someone beat in a street dragrace :rolleyes:

[threadjack] I might be showing my age, but... I'm a big fan of wearing hats, and I just don't get the crooked hat thing, itsn't that just plain uncomfortable?[/threadjack]

Go with the BMW, you'll enjoy it as you age, you have the P5 for feeling younger.

The P5 is too slow for me to enjoy in my younger moods. I love the turbo MP3 for that :D

go for the RX-7... I think it is worth the money. You have to love the way that car looks/performs. You can always upgrade the alternator :D .

Mach 1: Fast, but sucky handling
RX-7: great, but unreliable
SRT 4 - nah
BMW - Nice, but no fun
MP3-T - YES!
Supra - w00t!
300Z - Aww, yeah.

The problem with the RX-7 for me is first its 10 years old and that takes a toll on anything mechanical and its also very unreliable, I don't want a car that drives 500 miles then has to go back on jack stands.

Kooldino said:
Mach 1: Fast, but sucky handling
RX-7: great, but unreliable
SRT 4 - nah
BMW - Nice, but no fun
MP3-T - YES!
Supra - w00t!
300Z - Aww, yeah.

Mach 1: Fast, but sucky handling (other then on rmaps and swerving at assholes I never use the MP3's handling)
RX-7: great, but unreliable (true dat!)
SRT 4 - nah
BMW - Nice, but no fun (pimpin aint easy :D)
MP3-T - YES!(not for $400/month)
Supra - w00t!(I don't like the way they look)
300Z - Aww, yeah. (maybe?)

I guess it would also depend on how many miles on the car too...People with that type of car are going to do two things to it - baby it or drive it hard. Hopefully you could find a babied one :) .

If not, go for the SRT, just be sure to distinguish yourself.

The SRT is still rare up here which is a plus and I have a dealer that is dying to sell them so thats always a plus :D.

The hardest part will be selling the MP3.

1st MP3 in NH said:
Ah the SRt has a 160 amp alt bro! (bow)

Holy crap, even better, just don't get yellow or red because it will look like a huge M&M ;) . I think it looks good either in black or silver.

Silver or blue were my only considerations for color.
There is a blue one at the dealer I mentioned waiting for a home right now. No sunroof or viper style seats.

Back